Chapter forty two

"WHAT?" Zim yelled looking out the window "Argh! Those fools must of surrendered!"
"Zim, oh my Irk did you just call the tallest fools?" Skoodge tried to hide his laughter.
"Well that's what they are!" Zim huffed.
"Yeah, real fools!" Skoodge stomped "Are they even worth saving?"
"Well it's for the good of the empire I suppose?" Zim sighed "Anyway let's get to it!"

The group of twelve ran out Roxts house and into town square. Kiera was standing by the guillotine with the Tallest and one little Irken Invader... On closer inspection it was Invader Jim, no idea why he's here tbh.

"And now..." Kiera had been monologuing to everyone and anyone who had been listening "Any final words Irken scum?" She spat.
"IRKEN SCUM! IRKEN SCUM!" Everyone chanted.
"Rude..." Zim whispered, clutching Gir to his chest as they all moved closer to the stage Kiera and the Tallest were on.

Kiera moved a microphone to the Tallest.
"I really thought our plan with Invader Jim would work." Red shrugged.
"Is this book over yet? It's already forty or so chapters long!" Purple whined.
"Is that Irken slang or something?" Kiera interrogated.
"What?"
"Wha- WELL ANYWAY IT IS TIME TO DIE YOU POOR SOULS OF THE IRKEN EMPIRE!"

"No!" Relic yelled, grabbing Skoodge, Zim, Dib, and Gaz and hauling all of them on stage.
"THIS WAR IS POINTLESS!" She yelled.
"Oh," Kiera stepped back and the whole crowd gasped "How so?"
"YOU LIED TO US KIERA!" Relic felt tears burn at her eyes "YOU SAID TESSA WAS DEAD BUT SHE WAS AIVE ALL ALONG!"
"Whaaat? LIES! SLANDER!" Kiera pointed a hoof at Relic.
"What Relic says is true!" Dib suddenly spoke up.
"Yeah! Listen to my incel brother! We met Tessa and you all haven't been told the real truth!" Gaz told the whole story.

"How can we trust you?" A Xorik yelped from the crowd.
"We will prove everything to you! We only need the Guardians crest to set Tessa free!" Dib yelled back. Kiera's hood shot up to the crest.
"This crest contains immense power ONLY kin to Tessa can hold!" Kiera flexed her golden wings, being Tessa's sister she could hold it in her hooves.

Relic huffed. Kiera smirked and turned back to the guillotine. She went to execute the three Irkens when... Zim couldn't take it anymore, despite how funny it would be Zim couldn't let the empire be toppled by some stupid Know It All Xoriks! Despite how crazy it was Zim didn't even want to stop her for the approval of his Tallest, the tallest were dead to him for abandoning and deceiving him!

Zim wanted to stop Kiera because it felt...
Right? He always had issues telling right from wrong, only natural for a defect. But now it was so clear, he wasn't saving the tallest he was saving the empire of innocent irkens.

Zim leaned at Kiera, claws curled and sunk them into her back. She shrieked and flailed her wings about in panic. While she was trashing about Zim noticed the sparkly Guardians crest. His magenta eyes lit up and he snatched the crest up, not jumping away without biting her firmly on the shoulder.

Zim landed on the floor before his friends. The crest felt like it was a ball of fire in his claws.
"OWwww!" He yelped before dropping it on the ground. The sparkly object flickered for a moment.
"Again with biting! Why do you keep biting them?" Skoodge asked playfully.
"Not my fault they're so biteable!" Zim huffed.

Relic stared at the crest on the ground and with zero hesitation she snatched it up...

And it didn't hurt her one bit.