Chapter nine

Dib closed the door loudly.
"SHUT UP DIB!" Gaz, his 12 year old sister, yelled from halfway across the house. Dib growled under his breath, Zim was infuriating! He was convinced Zim had lost him mind, breaking Gir and all that. It had been 2 years since something like this happened and last time he had intervened, not this time. Zim
could die for all he cared, Earth would be better off.

It had to be an act, Zim trying to trick him into a false sense of security and then BAM Zim would stab Dib in the back! Not gonna happen. Dib sat down at his desk. He pulled out paper, string, pins, and coloured pencils. He drew out pages of his theories of what could be happening, all of them linked up to Zim's new plan on taking over Earth. He stuck up the papers on his wall using string as lines to show how they were all connected.

Dib heard Gaz stomp into his room.
"Oh my god Dib what are you doing?" She groaned.
"Zim is up to something! He's been gone for a while, 2 weeks to be exact!" Dib exclaimed "I went to see him and he is definitely out of his head!"
"Oh? How do you know?" Gaz asked completely disinterested.
"Well it seemed like he was genuinely depressed, talking about his tallests but when i tried to comfort him he yelled at me to leave his house!"
"Maybe he is depressed and the last person anyone would want comfort from is you." Gaz sighed.
"That makes no sense!" Dib grumbled "This is allllll part of Zim's plan."
"Don't say i didn't warn you." Gaz left.

Dib stared up at his theory.
"Zim... I will defeat you." Dib growled under his breath. But what Gaz said made him think, maybe Zim was actually distraught? Maybe Dib should just leave him alone to work it out himself... No, Zim is an evil unfeeling alien. When was the last time he expressed an emotion? Zim was up to something and Dib was going to find out what...