Six (Dabi X Reader)

You always found yourself wondering and worrying about the littlest thing he does. Those peculiar excuses, the timing, the perfect "coincidences". It just doesn't add up. It was incredibly odd, he acts incredibly odd. You were told you were just so paranoid and irrational. Maybe they're right, but what if they're wrong? There are other activities he does that he doesn't tell you. Though his reasoning was strong and makes an actual sense, you can somehow see through his veils. There are times you were proven wrong, but you just can't help but to trust your gut. You can just see how he looks at other people, especially his best friend Kiego.

"Oh, we were just out doing errands."

"I was just out of town to visit Dad."

"I just stopped by an old friend."

"My car broke down in the middle of nowhere."

"Kiego and I were just hangin' out."

"We're just friends."

Oh the excuses you've heard. All the peculiar things he say to make you believe you were extremely paranoid. Admittedly, you are. You are aware of it, but shouldn't make him use it to his advantage. The gaslighting asshole always makes you thing you were wrong.

Oh you have to ask to yourself, Why'd you have to be married to him? You've meet him five years ago in a wild party your friend hosted, wherein particular, you couldn't hold alcohol well, ended up drunk and decided to take a nap inside Dabi's car without him knowing until he went home and saw you by the back seat of his car. Somehow, it ended up with a four year old marriage.

How can you not fall for him? A boy shrouded with mystery, the suave attitude, the charming smile, the attractive rebellion, the charisma... A stereotypical bad boy that crawled out from a novel written by a sixteen year old with unfulfilled fantasies. Bad, but soft. Of course there's more that meets the eye, he was simply just wishing to escape a bitter society, to rebel against... Huh... Now that you think about, you don't know what he is fighting for. Was he being rebellious, sick of the discrimination and hate? Or maybe just to spite his father?

Ugh, you just don't know. You have no idea why you married a guy you barely know. And to think you've been together for four years made you question who you were married to- always going in and out of your house as if he was merely a visitor.

You lowered your elbows by the kitchen counter, a hand through your tousled hair, a glass of wine in the other. A Y/N Todoroki at their lowest, questioning every single decisions and mistakes they've done after meeting Dabi- Touya Todoroki or whatever his name is. In utter confusion, you didn't know what to do.

Taking a sigh, you sipped the remaining portion of red/white liquid from your glass, before putting it in the sink and started to prepare dinner for your husband. As you were preparing the dish, you can't help but to glance at the ring by your finger. It lightly glimmers by the light, memories began to play in your mind, rapidly flashing all the good times you've spent time together.

A surprisingly, extremely expensive ring that he surprisingly can afford. He was a deadbeat himself and you had to wonder where he gets cash to buy you things like this. He looked so... Poor, when you met him. And he actually bought this ring for you... If he didn't loved you, why would he marry you? Why wouldn't he just divorce you if he no longer loved you? Perhaps you were being too paranoid that he was having activities involving infidelity. Perhaps you were overreacting. It was then you realised he is the one good thing that happened to your life. And you don't want to ruin that with you overthinking and overreacting.

Before you can proceed to any task, you heard a knock at the door. You paused to glance at the door, before walking over to the nearest coat hanger and wore your roll robe to look a little proper. You knew it wasn't your husband, he'd normally come home late. He's never punctual and you've been married to him for a few years. You never expected visitors, either, finding it quite peculiar someone would visit you unannounced.

You sighed, before walking over the door, your hand hovering over the knob. You were hesitant, but immediately brushed it aside and finally opened the door. You were... Shocked to see a stranger by your doorstep, quite frankly. A young woman of your age, probably younger or perhaps older for a few years, stood impatiently by your house.

The certain aura of dominance radiated from her, on how she crossed her arms over her chest, letting her weigh in her sides, while she held a cigarette between her fingers. She takes a long drag from the cancer stick and impolitely blows it.

"May I... Help you?"

"Uhm, who the fuck are you supposed to be? His maid?" You subtlety rose a brow, putting a hand on your hip.

"I'm afraid you're at the wrong house, sweetie," despite being offended by her statement, you have her a saccharine smile. You leaned over your door frame with a smile. "So who you lookin' for?"

"O-oh," she reddens in embarrassment, shyly shifting from side to side. "Touya Todoroki doesn't live here? I must've gotten the house number wrong..."

"Touya Todoroki?"

"Y'know him?" She asks, raising a brow.

Oh I would know, I happen to be his wife.

"Sounds familiar... Does he somehow... Go by the name Dabi, too?" You subconsciously leaned forward.

"Yeah! How do you know him? Do you know where he lives?" She asked, almost eager and desperate.

"Oh, I don't know... He's never been out the neighborhood. The last time my neighbor Grandma Bless saw him with his trunk filled stuff last week... He probably moved away, probably hasn't paid his rent," you lied under your breathe. "Why are you looking for him?"

"Oh, that deadbeat's seeing multiple people at once and he hasn't paid for child support," your realization shattered, but managed to hide your break down from this woman— probably one of his spouse. "Anyways, I gotta go looking for him or else I'll get the law involved. Thanks for the help, love." She smiles, before walking off your porch.

"Goodbye, have a lovely day!" You waved and smiled at her, before closing the door unnecessarily loud.

Not only is he married, not only did he have children... Oh no, he has six spouses. Six fucking spouses, including you. It hurts, y'know?

You silently broke down, millions of thoughts raising in your head, before composing yourself. With a sigh, you combed your hair back and cupped the half of your face. Calmly, you quietly proceeded to make dinner for your husband who will be arriving soon.

"Hey babe, I'm home," the mighty one proclaims, unceremoniously dropping his dirty bag of goodies by your couch and kicking his muddy shoes off. He walks over you, before stealing a peck from your lips whilst you calmly lay the plates by the table to prepare for dinner. "Hmm, looks great babe," he smirks, grabbing you by the small of your back, his curled fingers trailing on your cheeks whilst you continued to be uninterested.

"Thank you, darling," you muttered, before separating yourself from him and began to serve him dinner and pour him a glass of wine. "Come on, eat up." You smiled at him, as he took his seat across the table from you.

You poured yourself a glass, before raising it towards him. "To a long, healthy life," you smirked. He amusingly smirks back, before playing along with your little game.

"To a long, healthy life," together, you both tipped the glass forward for a toast, before chugging the whole glass. You watched from the rim of the stemware, as he swiftly drank the whole content.

As he puts the precious glass by glass table, he couldn't help but to feel... Disoriented. His vision darkens, his world spun and it was then he realized that you might've been responsible for this. Before he can call you out, his head crash by the table, cracking it by impact. Frothing poured from his mouth, followed with blood, tears of blood pouring from his eyes and nose.You sighed, before pouring yourself another glass of wine and drank the whole crimson liquid in it.

"He had it coming..."