All I want (Pops X Grandchild Reader)

Warning, this chapter will contain staged suicide and child abue. If you're not comfortable with that, please read with caution.

Name: L/N Y/N
Age: 15
Quirk: Blood bag; the capability to provide other people blood, for you have excessive blood in your body. Your blood is a universal donor, so it won't be a problem. Additionally, because you have excessive amounts of blood, you can cry bloody tears.

Three years ago...

It couldn't be... Could it?

You were in denial. You're in denial that you're in denial. You were confused. You were conflicted. You can't comprehend those following words that came out of Kai's mouth. You're not even sure if he spoke the right thing. You're not even sure if he even spoke. You need to stop Were you just hearing things? Or did he said the wrong thing? Your lips quivered, as your surroundings seems to stop. Your chest tightened, as you struggled to breathe.

You laughed, nervously.

"W-what?" You cursed at yourself for stuttering. You only stutter when you're upset.

Kai solemnly looks at you. The emotions in his eyes were exposed and obvious. You didn't need to read his lips.

"Pops' never going to wake up again," those words painfully echoed in your head.

Maybe you misheard him. He's never the type to joke. At least, not the the type to joke to cope.

"N-now's not the time to joke, Kai," you forced a giggle, as Kai intensely gazed down on you in half scrutiny l, half concern. Mostly scrutiny. The small hint of sadness and devastation was visible in his eyes.

Was he sympathetic for you? Or maybe to himself? Either way, the small hint of sadness were in his eyes. The eyes of the person you would see.

One. Last. Time.

You swallowed thickly, forcing your sobs to remain trapped in your throat as your eyes began to sting and gloss. Your world seemed to slow down. Everything feels numb.

You couldn't breathe, you couldn't move.

You just stood still. Stiff and uncomfortable, but you never moved to be comfortable like you always do.

You can hear sounds, yet you can't understand them. The world was spinning, as the ground feels like moving under your feet.

For the past 15 years, you breathed. This time, you seem to forget about the need to breathe. For the past 15 years, you spoke. This time, you seem to forget about the existence of communicating, nor the existence of vocals. Soon, you found your voice. But you can't find your words.

"I— wha— how— h— wh-wha—" you stumbled on your words, as you stumbled backwards, only to be supported by the wall behind you. You held your head in your palms, as Kai eyes you down.

It wasn't usual for a Yakuza to show weaknesses such as this. Scratch that, it is NOT allowed for a Yakuza to show such things. But your grandfather always said that it was alright to do so, yet Kai kept a tight grip around your neck to remind you these things every single day, even if you are the grandchild of Pops.

Like he previously said, it doesn't matter if you were his grandchild. You're still nothing but an underling to follow Pops around. Family doesn't matter if they're weak and useless.

Now, you weren't the strongest. In fact, you can barely fight. Kai was right. You were indeed weak. But Pops insisted that you are strong despite Kai's words.