The one that got away Pt. 3 (Nemoto Shin X Reader)

Freshman Year...

You bit your lips, suppressing a yawn, eyes darting towards your wrist to see the time. It was pass your curfew, your parents would kill you for this, but they'd kill you over a low mark on you report card so you die either way. You looked towards your project partner, typing away on his computer, the screen brightly lit and reflected upon his rectangular shaped rims. A stray strand of blond dangles on his forehead, perfectly framing his sharp, yet soft features. The cute (In your opinion at least) geek/nerd sitting at the back of the class that no one bothered to talk to was paired with you to make an article about Shakespeare, a playwright he is incredibly fond of.

Both of you agreed to work on the project in his parent's house (Who are absent, might I add), taking turns to sit in front of the PC to write about your parts in the article. It hurt your eyes having to stare at the bright screen for too long, when he offered to write it for you, considering it was late and weird to have your classmate with you in his house, alone, no parents, nor pets to intervene. It's not like you were thinking of something like that, you are fourteen for fuck's sake but it's just weird. I mean, he cute though... But you were only fourteen, and it's an absolute no-no!

"Is there anything wrong?" His adolescent voice rings out, snapping you away from your thoughts. You glanced at the blond, as he subtly casts his gaze over his shoulder to see you. "You seem to be unwell, are you alright?"

"I'm good, no worries. Just- don't mind me." You gave him a reassuring smile, before he just nods and turns reverts his attention back to the screen.

Huh... He seems to be nice, why does anyone avoid him? I mean, he has the tendancy to be an asshole, but that's because he was defending himself. He has the tendancy to be a 'know-it-all' during class, but maybe he was just that dedicated and enthusiastic about the class... You can never get why people assumes the worst about a person who just want to be silent and often kept to themselves. You often heard your classmates talking about him, saying he's the creep who'll end up planning a school shooting- which is ultimately wrong! You had yourself to blame as well, to be honest... You feel shameful you were one of the people who assumed that as well.

It's been a silent day for you, no one spoke, the only sound there was the keys in the keyboard under his fingertips. You would occasionally look over his shoulders, maybe point out a spelling error and he's thank you for that, but that's about it. It was tense, awkward and natural. It was just bad and you hate it. You hate that you can't come up with a topic without second guessing yourself and ending up in a rock and hard place.

His room was decked with no posters, only rows and rows of shelves filled with you can only assume a secret porn stash hidden in encyclopedia cases... That's what teenage boys do, right? No matter how innocent looking they are, no matter how lame they are, teen boys can be quite the... Thirsty ones. And girls too, don't get me wrong! You cannot be convinced that anyone at this age have NEVER took a peak to the darkest side of internet and a casual dip in adult stuffs- a fourteen year old should NOT see.

But you feel bad for assuming the worst of Nemoto, maybe they're truly just normal encyclopedias, maybe he's keeping a few collection of comics or mangas or literature or whatnot. His room was relatively normal, very neat and clean, not a speck of hair can be seen littering his floor, he must be a major clean freak, I mean come on, he looks the part as well.

Among the row of books formed in order of volumes and various sizes, you spotted a chessboard tucked away at the farthest end of his shelf. This didn't suprise you, he did emit the chess team member and an obvious major nerd, but it did piqued your interests.

You play a little bit of chess, you weren't really a master of it it but I guess it was a great time killer if you're bored and you didn't have anything to do. You once played with the chess master of the school, but the win was totally half-assed when he barely paid attention to the game, nor took it serious as you did. You caught his king in check and didn't tell him about it (He IS a chess master after all, he should have noticed it), and he didn't noticed this and instead moved a different chess piece. By this, you were able to win the game. It wasn't a proud achievement of yours, but at least now you have a topic to talk about wiht Nemoto if he decides to indulge in this conversation.