Squish (Mimic X Reader)

Warning, this One-shot will contain domestic violence and murder, so please beware.

Edit: Also, for old readers who have read this chapter previously, the character previously written in this chapter was Muscular, but I changed it to Mimic because of personal reasons.

Sporting another bruise from a few weeks ago, you took it upon yourself to cover it with your hair once again. If ever one of your coworkers would notice yet another concerning black eye, of course you'd have a cover up story, making an excuse once more to cover for your abusive spouse. You'd say you were quite the klutz and tell them you were yet in another frenzy in the kitchen that you slipped and hit your eye.

It was a daily routine and you were sadly used to it. You thought that this marriage would get you out of the poverty and abusive perils of your family, as they expected you to be their breadwinner... And here you thought the arranged marriage with the Yakuza manager couldn't get any worse. You really don't know what the Yakuza's motives were when they made you married to Iranaka Joi. The mention of his name casted a phantom wind to blow towards your direction, shivering from the mere mention of his name. Out of fear, you were his submissive little spouse, following his every order, never talked back, always did as he says...

The horror he imposed with simply with his presence made you tremble on your knees, urging you to beg for his forgiveness even if you didn't do anything. He was that terrifying for you. Having to share your bed with him tends to have complications as well. To think that your home, a place where you should feel comfortable and liberated, is where you feel as if you were being held as a hostage, a prisoner in complete solitary confinement.

"Hey L/N!" Your coworker waved at your direction, her five inches heels clicking by the pristine tiles as she cheerfully approached you. You instinctively turned into a specific angle in an attempt to hide your black eye away from her.

"Oh, hey Kiyomi..." You greeted with a polite nod.

"Wonderful weather, we're having," The dark haired female who recently dyed her hair blonde smiled, leaning her weight by the wall.

"Uh, yeah... Nice weather, nice weather..." You replied, trying your best to looks normal as you usually do.

"I heard the company's throwing a celebration for the twenty fifth anniversary. You gonna come, or...?" Himura asked, slightly tipping her square framed glasses downwards.

"Oh, maybe not, my husband doesn't really approve on such things..." you concealed your raging nerves purging anxiety in your voice with a laugh, but betrayed itself as it sounded shaky and unsure. The thought never crossed your kind before, but you were afraid of what his reaction would be if you wanted to go out. You can already hear his voice screaming loudly within your ears causing your chest to tighten with fear. You can only hope Himura couldn't read your emotions, but her expression says otherwise. It wasn't convincing for your coworker to say the least.

"Sweetie-" you flinched as the back of her fingers daintily traces your cheek with such softness and gentleness. Her hands emitted such a warm heat, soothing your cold nerves and easing your breathe. "- your husband does not own you. If you don't want to go to the celebration, sure go ahead, but your husband? Why does he decide things for you?"

She has a point, your husband is not the boss of you but he is terrifying. You never stood up to him with a fear of defying him and being beaten to a bloody pulp... You've seen how capable he is in terms of dealing with his Yakuza business and you don't want to find out what he is capable of doing to you.

You subconsciously leaned into her touch, feeling so helpless and vulnerable... Warm touches like hers is what you yearned for all the years of your life, it was just something you needed since life cursed you with a dark cloud for the majority of your life. As her silky soft fingers stroked your cheek, they trailed by your hair and tucked it behind your ear.