Duality (Nemoto Vs/X Reader)

Will get suggestive-

"Keep up the good work, L/N."

"Sir yes, sir."

Shin sent a hateful glance towards the new rookie over his shoulder, wondering how someone like them can manage to greet Overhaul's expectations and get recruited in the Shiee Hassaikai. Let alone, be his secretary of some sorts, or in other words, Shin's equal.

It felt like absolute poisonous to admit that this person is his equal. Maybe Chronostasis' equal, even.

How can someone who looks so weak, so distrustful, so naive be chosen to do Overhaul's personal paperwork?

Whatever they are, Shin doesn't trust them. Heck, he doesn't really trust anyone. But this L/N person just takes the cake, tugging through all of the red flags.

He never heard a word from this Y/N. All he hears from them were short replies and mostly kept to themselves. They don't participate in physical combat, all they do was to stand around and follow Overhaul like his very own body guard. How can this lanky figure be Overhaul's body guard? He once saw them struggle to carry a riffle, there's no way that this second-rate is his equal.

There was a time they were the one who reported the plan to him, instead of boss. It was supposed to be the other way around. Shin was supposed to be the one who should know the plan first, not this new recruit.

What do they have that he doesn't? They certainly don't have that he has. His sharp wits, his loyalty, his worth to the Shiee Hassaikai. All they have is the ability to stand close to Overhaul. Shin can do better and he can assure that Overhaul's safety is guaranteed.

He doesn't even know what their quirk is. No one seems to know what their quirk works. Heck, they don't even know if you have one or not.

But why did Overhaul seems to trust you? The way you rise through the ranks was suspicious. A worthless sacrificial pawn turned to a major piece of the game. How can that be possible?

Shin knows Overhaul best, he knew that he wouldn't recruit such... Such vixen such as them.

"They must be seducing him."

No, that isn't possible. He knows Overhaul doesn't care with such feelings, he can resist such temptations... Especially if they were to look like you.

His distaste towards you was awfully visible and he doesn't even bother to hide it. But here was the question to him;

Were they truly distasteful? Or is he just... Jealous?

Before he can ponder for the answer to that question, he felt a finger tapping against his shoulder. He glanced at the source and immediately frowned under his mask.
Speak of the devil.

"Boss told me to get you to his office, immediately."

There you stood, a few inches shorter than he is. Harmless and defenceless, less difficult to kill. He doesn't understand why someone like you is qualified to be Overhaul's secretary, or body guard, whatever you are. Heck, he's wondering how you managed to join the Yakuza in general.

"Are you just going to stand there and make the boss wait?" If looks can kill, he could've had you begging for salvation as he kills you, as he makes you wish you were never born.

"I don't how you manage to be the Boss' assistant, bodyguard, secretary, whatever you are, you can't boss me around. Only Overhaul can do that." He hissed through gritted teeth.

"Then quit making him wait. If you're loyal to him, then follow me. I'm just doing my job as his secretary." You calmly shot back at the masked man, as you were about to turn away, when his fist barely brushed your face and hit the wall to prevent you from leaving.