3: Baby Proof

Quirk: Telekinesis 

 Sat on the toilet seat in the bathroom I stared down at the stick, desperate for it to be wrong. There were two small pink lines on the screen meaning positive. We were only twenty one, and we had our whole lives ahead of us, the passion to become Pro Heroes, to be amongst the best in the world, but now that all came crashing down because of pregnancy test I was holding. After moments of thinking however, I knew that already I loved this child in my womb. Being a hero was a passion, but I would happily be a mother as well. The only thing that worried me now was the fact I would have to tell Shoto.

It had been three weeks to the day since I found out I was pregnant, and I still hadn't told him. I was out for a coffee with Ochaco, and she kept on telling me to give him the news. "What if he walks out on me?" I asked, worried.

"He won't walk out on you," she said definitely.

"He strives to be the greatest hero, a child is only going to hold him back," I mumbled into my hot drink.

"Whether you tell him now or not he will find out when a bump appears, and when you have to be rushed to hospital because there's a baby coming out of you," she said.

"I know, I know I'm just... scared of loosing him," I said sadly. "I'm scared he'll put being a hero in front of having a family, especially as we're so young," I admitted and Ochaco sighed.

"He loves you, and whether it was now or in the future, he'd want a family with you," she assured, holding my hand tightly, smiling. We finished our coffee's and she walked me home, which wasn't a long walk. When we reached the garden gate leading to my home we stopped and shared a tight hug. It was nice meeting up with her, as our schedules kept us both busy. "Promise me you'll tell him," she said when we pulled apart.

"Fine, I'll tell him," I sighed.

"Good. I'll see you soon, (y/n)," she said, waving as she walked off. I waved back before walking through my garden, unlocking the door and slipping off my shoes and coat.

"Shoto?" I called out for him, but there was no response. I walked through to our living area to find my boyfriend asleep on the sofa with the TV on in the background. I smiled at how peaceful he looked when sleeping, and how ruffled his hair was, the white mixing with the red. I turned off the TV and wandered into the kitchen to start preparing dinner, but my mind was fogged with way in which I could tell him.

"Hey, didn't hear you come in," he said suddenly. I jumped, cutting my finger on the knife I was using to cut up spring onions.

"Ow!" I howled, bringing my finger up to my mouth to suck on.

"Sorry," he said, walking towards me and pulling me into his embrace. He took my finger and sucked on the wound himself, looking into my eyes deeply. It was times like these that I knew I was so lucky, which made me even more frightened to tell him. We were still so young, and we still had so much of life ahead of us. "How's Uraraka?"

"Oh she's fine, happy, training hard," I said with a fake smile.

"Can I ask you something?" He said suddenly, and I panicked a little but nodded. "Recently you've not... seemed yourself. Is there anything bothering you? You can tell me, you know that, right?"

"I- yes, w-well-,"

"Please tell me what it is," he said anxiously, reaching for the first aid kit to get me a plaster.

"I... er," I stuttered, knowing now I would have to tell him. "Shoto, I'm about to tell you something important and you have to promise you won't freak out, or get angry," I said. He looked at me cautiously, a glint of worry in his eyes as he applied the plaster to my finger. There was no point beating around the bush, so I knew simply what to say. I breathed in deeply. "Shoto I'm pregnant."