49: (y/n)'s Special Day

Quirk: Plant Growth

 It was Saturday, and also my birthday. Usually people were supposed to feel happy and excited on their birthday, but I was only feeling depressed and upset. For the past week, my boyfriend of six months had been ignoring me more and more. He seemed much more interested in spending time with Tsuyu, them going into town together, spending lunch times together, Shoto cancelling on me to spend time with her. With each day my heart broke a little bit more.

So far I had stayed cooped up in my room. A few people knocked on my door, and each time I checked through the peephole to see if it was Shoto, but it never was. I hadn't even received a text from him, wishing me a happy birthday.

I simply laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking back to the past weeks and the events which led up to me coming to the conclusion that he was more interested in Tsuyu then myself.

- Seven days ago -

The start of the weekend came, and I was keen to spend time with my boyfriend. I thought maybe we could head to the park together, and have a nice walk around the ponds whilst the sun shone down on us. I decided to call him to suggest the idea.

"Hey Sho! Fancy going to the park today? I thought it best not to waste a nice day, y'know?"

"Sorry (y/n), I can't today, I've got a few things I need to do," he said.

"Oh, okay, how about I join you-,"

"No! I-I mean, no, it's okay, it's pretty dull stuff that my father's asked me to do, I wouldn't want you to get bored. Anyway, see you later," he said sweetly, then hanging up the phone.

'Well that was weird,' I thought, furrowing my eyebrows at my phone. I decided however to head out anyway, as it was such a lovely day, but instead of going to the park I decided to walk around town for a bit.

I turned onto the high street and that's when I saw something that confused me. On the other side of the street, Shoto was walking with Tsuyu. I hid behind a lamppost, watching the two of them from afar, wondering why he refused to let me come along but was more then happy to let Tsuyu keep him company. They turned a corner and as soon as they were out of sight, I decided to head straight back to the dorms.

Later that evening there was a knock on my bedroom door, and when I answered I saw Shoto standing there. "Everyone's downstairs in the common room, fancy joining us?" He asked sweetly with a smile. I thought back to earlier but also thought about the fact I could be reading too much into it, so I nodded and headed down with him. I began to feel more and more comfortable again, as I sat next to Shoto on the sofas, him lifting my legs up and placing them across his lap. That evening all my thoughts went back to normal.

-Six days ago -

As it was a Sunday, I decided to have quite a long lay in. I checked my phone to see I had received a good morning text from Shoto which made me smile, so I sent one back asking him what he was doing today. He responded fairly quickly saying he was going into town with Midoriya and Iida, so I simply told him to have fun on his guys day out.

I decided I needed to get up as it had reached midday, so I headed downstairs to the kitchen to get breakfast/lunch. When I walked through the common room I saw Ochaco and Tsuyu standing close together, whispering to each other, and as soon as Tsuyu spotted me she stopped talking abruptly, making Ochaco turn around. "Hi guys, what are you doing?" I asked skeptically.

"Nothing!" Tsuyu said rather quickly. I flickered my eyebrows in confusion before deciding to carry on my way towards the kitchen, but before I went in I looked back to see them gossiping again. I gulped, trying not to think about Tsuyu and my boyfriend walking around town together yesterday as I got my food and ate it alone on one of the dining tables.