42: Jealousy Part Two - Shoto's POV

The second part of Todoroki's POV of Jealousy containing the final three mini titled sections. Definitely make sure you've read Part One before this!

Four: The Practical Exams

Five: Iida

Six: The Gym

Quirk: Bunny

Four: The Practical Exams

Mr Aizawa had been preparing us for the practical exams for the past fortnight, however we didn't know the true nature of them until the day arrived. We were to be paired and put against one of the teachers in the UA faculty. I was paired with Yaoyorozu, and we were put against Mr Aizawa. (y/n) was paired with Jirou, and then put against Present Mic which concerned me a bit as (y/n)'s hearing was very sensitive.

Yaoyorozu and I went after Kirishima and Sato failed there's, and we were running through the residential area, looking out for any sign of Aizawa. I told her my plan and got her to work straight away, but she seemed troubled by something. I had to console her as doubts of her abilities were getting the best of her, but it was then that Aizawa captured me, hoisting me up with his scarf. I shouted at Yaoyorozu to run, then wondered how I was going to get out of this situation without landing on the spikes he had laid beneath me. She did seem as though she had a plan but she had kept quiet.

Yaoyorozu soon came back however, and I demanded to tell me her plan. Gaining a little bit of confidence from my encouragement, she initiated phase one and set off a flash bomb, then lowering me to the ground, the pair of us running away. She told me to create a huge ice wall, which I did, wondering what she was thinking as surely it'd attract Aizawa's attention. "Okay, so can you tell me the rest of your plan now-," I paused as I turned to face her, seeing she had taken her top off. For a brief second I saw her exposed before turning away incredibly quickly, wondering what the hell she was thinking.

She told me the rest of her plan and it seemed likely to work, so we decided to execute it and it indeed did work. I was quite impressed with her as she handcuffed the captured Aizawa, her mumbling away about self doubts. She suddenly burst into tears and I froze, completely unsure of what to do so I simply led her back to the waiting lounge by which time she had stopped crying. She pointed out the fact that it was (y/n)'s turn next so we both made our way to the monitor room, ready to watch my crushes exam. Midoriya and Uraraka were in there too, so the four of us stood and watched with Recovery Girl monitoring the screens.

(y/n) and Jirou started out by walking through the woods their exam was set in, and as she appeared on the screen I couldn't help but smile a little, hoping that she'll pass the exam. Yaoyorozu nudged my arm playfully with a teasing smile, but I turned away and ignored her, her chuckling to herself. Both (y/n) and Jirou suddenly collapsed to the floor, clutching their ears and I could only guess that Present Mic was screeching. For a second they let go of their ears but clutched onto them again as I guessed Present Mic started screeching again.

I was admittedly nervous for her, wondering how they were going to conquer this one without having their ears blown off. "Are you nervous for her?" Yaoyorozu teased next to me. I glanced at her with a stern look in my eye but she just chuckled again. Both Jirou and (y/n) seemed to be talking to each apparently without getting hurt by Present Mic's cries, and it made me wonder what they could be talking about. After a few minutes however they were back to clutching their ears until suddenly (y/n)'s pained face turned into one with a bright smile.

She started digging, and I wondered what she had planned. As there were no cameras underground we couldn't see what she or Jirou were up to as they apparently carried on moving underground. They had vanished for a couple of minutes now and Midoriya was mumbling away as usual. Then we saw movement on the monitor that was pointing at Present Mic, and what we saw almost made Midoriya and I keel over. (y/n) had jumped out of the ground and kicked Present Mic right where the sun doesn't shine.