45: The Intern Part One

Warning! This oneshot is part one of two. There's also a small age gap between Todoroki and (y/n), but (y/n) will be in third year at UA so she's 18.

Note: There's a villain in this story that goes under the name of Mutilator. His quirk is the ability to control the movement of ones body after digesting their blood, so a similar kind of concept to Stain's quirk. Mutilator's quirk works better on women then men, as he can control a woman for up to eight minutes, but a man only up to five.

Quirk: Shadow Control

- Todoroki's POV -

I was sat in my office, going through her UA profile, admiring the things she had achieved during her time there. I leaned back in my chair, staring at her photo, admittedly quite bewitched by her looks. I had trouble keeping my eyes off of her picture, but suddenly the buzz on my office phone sounded. "Yeah?" I answered after pressing the button.

"Pro Hero Deku is here to see you sir," my secretary said.

"Alright, send him in," I said, hanging up. Seconds later Deku, the now number two Pro Hero despite us being only twenty-four, walked in with his classic beaming smile. "Hey," I greeted my best friend with a smile.

"Hey," he said, making his way towards my desk. "Police have finished questioning Mutilator."

"Good," was all I said, still staring at the screen.

"It freaks me out how much he reminds me of Stain," Deku said but I didn't respond, simply hypnotised by this girl. "Shoto?" Deku questioned, walking round my desk to see her profile. "You're not serious are you? I've told you so many times before, you can't recruit her just because you're attracted to her!"

"That's not the reason, she's a perfectly capable student, she won the Sports Festival in her first year-,"

"That may be but I know you're really recruiting her because you fancy her," Deku said, folding his arms. I simply rolled my eyes.

"No, I'm trying to give her a chance, she'll make an excellent pro. She's got a lot of skill, Deku," I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Well if you do recruit her, you can't date her," he said. There was a slight pause between us.

"Why?"

"Why? Well for starters she's still a student, and secondly you'll be working alongside her, it'd be totally inappropriate."

"What about you and Uraraka?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"That's different! We're not in the same agency, and she's our age," he enforced.

"It's only six years difference!" I said, but he raised his eyebrows. There was silence between us again, thoughts about whether he was right were running through my mind. After looking at her profile one last time however, I decided he was wrong. "I'm sorry Deku, I'm going to send her an offer. Even if I can't date her, she deserves a chance to be recruited, and my agency is in the top ten. She'll get good experience here, and I'll treat her well," I stated confidently.

"Sounds like there's no changing your mind," Deku sighed and I nodded. "Just don't let your feelings get in the way of your work, alright?"

"I'm sure it's just a little crush, I'll get over it," I lied, but he seemed to believe me as he nodded.

"Well I just came over to tell you about Mutilator. See you later," he said, waving as he exited my office.

"Bye," I called after him. Looking back at my computer screen, I formed an email to my old headmaster, and sent off my offer.