Chapter 11

"Aw, come on! You guys busted Two-Face! Why are you not more pumped about this?!?" Jason exclaimed as Blair sat on the medical table in her tank top, Alfred wrapping her torso in gauze

Bruce was still in the changing rooms, taking off all of his tactical gear, leaving Blair to deal with all of Jason's overly enthusiastic antics. She was tired, extremely sore, and all she wanted to do was cry, yet she was sitting on the medical table listening to Jason Todd rant about how much he wanted to go on a mission.

"Okay, Miss Blair, you're good to go, though I suggest taking it easy for the rest of the night, maybe a week or so." Alfred finished, helping her off the table.

"Thanks, Alfred. I'm just going to go upstairs now." Blair nodded, trying her hardest to escape upstairs before she exploded all over the place. The last thing she needed was to cry in front of Jason Todd.

She made her way to the stairs, Jason following closely behind her. She hadn't said a word to him since the incident with Two-Face and the gun, not even to tell him to shut up, it was actually starting to worry him.

Halfway up the stairs, Jason grabbed her shoulder, turning her around to face him, "Hey, what's going on?"

"Does it look like I'm in the mood to deal with your ass right now?" Blair snapped, shrugging his hand off her shoulder. Jason's sudden act of kindness threw her off balance, and she absolutely did not need that at that moment.

He took a step back, taking in Blair's warning glare, "See usually when you're being cranky and bitchy, you aren't this—"

"What? I'm not this what Todd? Tired? Fed up?" She exclaimed. "You better choose your next words very carefully because we are standing on stairs and I will not hesitate to push you down them with the mood I'm in."

Deep down, she knew if push came to shove, she wouldn't be able to go through with her threat, but she had to get away. She was so close to breaking down and there was no way she was going to do it in the Batcave, surrounded by men who just weren't going to understand it.

"I was going to say, you aren't this crazy, but I could see how that might be a little fucked up." Jason admitted.

Blair rolled her eyes, stomping up the stairs into the mansion, holding her side as she went. The faster she moved, the more her ribs hurt, and the more she just wanted to scream. She was ready for that bullet, but Jason had to pull her back. Now she was in physical pain as well as mental and emotional pain.

She was just about to pull herself onto the staircase when she heard Jason behind her again, "You know, if I didn't know any better I'd blame it on PMS."

"Fuck off, Todd!" She snapped, walking up another stair, wincing in pain as she accidentally knocked over one of Bruce's vases trying to lean on the banister.

"No, I don't think I will." Jason ran up the stairs, carefully avoiding the broken glass, standing two steps above her. "I don't know why you froze out there tonight, but that's not my fault. So quit taking your fucking anger issues out on me, I'm the one that snapped you out of it!"