Chapter 2 Redux: Chance For Change

Y/N POV:

I find myself walking along a field of snow as with each step I take the usual pure whiteness of the snow is suddenly replaced with darkness. Despite the confusion, I still find myself moving forward showing no signs of stopping.

Suddenly, two figures make themselves known in the snow as I can barely make out their silhouettes. The figures speak as my eyes widen from the familiarity of them, I then find myself running at them full speed as their figures become clearer and clearer to me.

Before I could finally make it to them I suddenly trip and fall face first into the snow. I look up and reach for the figures as they get further and further away from me, tears start rolling down my cheeks as I lay their in the snow which continues to fall on me until the cold sensation of it completely envelopes me.

My eyes then open back up as I sit up in a panic, I manage to calm myself down as I find myself in what looks like a hospital room.

Y/N: How did I get here?

The memories of what happened last night suddenly fill my mind, as I look around seeing my weapons and clothes laid out in a chair near my bed.

I move my blanket away seeing I'm currently wearing a hospital gown, an IV bag is connected to my right arm as I immediately notice that my usual pale skin has some life returned to it.

Before I could question anymore of what's happen, the door to my room suddenly opens as it causes me to lay back down and cover myself with my blanket.

The Huntress from before enters alongside a silver haired man with glasses, who's holding a coffee mug along with a tablet.

???: I'm glad to see you're awake Miss L/N.

Y/N: H-How do you know my name?

Huntress: We looked through your information after checking you in this hospital.

Huntress: My name is Glynda Goodwitch.

???: My name is Ozpin.

Y/N: "Ozpin"? Aren't you the Headmaster of Beacon Academy?

Ozpin: Correct. We wanted to see your condition due to what transpired last night.

Y/N: Is Ruby okay?

Ozpin: We talked with Miss Rose last night and she's completely fine.

Y/N: I see...

Glynda: You should be more concerned with your own condition, the doctors told us you were malnourished and if we hadn't taken you here your condition would've worsened.

Y/N: I-I'm sorry....

Ozpin: (approaches Y/N) There's no need to apologize for caring about the well-being of others. However, I would like to know why a young girl like yourself was left in such a condition?

Ozpin: Are you currently in a bad living situation? Have your parents been having domestic issues?

Y/N: N-No, nothing like that sir. I-I live alone.