Chapter 3 Redux: Burdens

3rd Person POV:

Having finally made their way to the auditorium, Y/N, Ruby, and Jaune make it to the entrance as once the doors are open the room is completely filled to the brim with other applicants. Ruby looks over the crowd as a familiar voice catches her attention.

Yang: (waving) Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: (to Jaune and Y/N) Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you both after the ceremony! (leaves)

Jaune: Hey, wait! (sighs) At least you're still with me right, Y/N?

He turns to see Y/N, who quickly raises her hood up as she remains stationary.

Jaune: Y/N?

Y/N: S-Sorry, I don't do well with crowds.

Jaune: That's fine, we don't have to move up if you don't want to.

Y/N: T-Thank you.

An awkward silence passes the two as Y/N's Aura slowly starts to rise bringing a small drop in temperature around them.

Jaune: (holding himself in an attempt to warm up) It's getting kinda cold here all of a sudden.

Y/N: (realizes the cause is her Aura) I'm sorry! I need to go! (runs off as the temperature around Jaune returns to normal)

Jaune: (reaches out for her) Wait, was it something I said?! (sighs) Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quiet girl to talk to? (moves on to reveal a red haired girl wearing spartan armor as she watches him leave)

Meanwhile, Ruby makes it over to her sister as the silver eyed girl is left then amused from what transpired before.

Yang: (once Ruby joins her, arms crossed) How's your first day going, little sister?

Ruby: You mean since you ditched me and Y/N and I nearly exploded?

Yang: Yikes! Both of you were about to have a breakdown?

Ruby: No, we literally were about to be caught in a large explosion in front of the school!

Yang: (smiling broadly) Are you being sarcastic?

Ruby: (scoffs as Weiss is revealed to be standing next to her) I wish! I nearly tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me and Y/N, and then I got mad and started yelling at her, then she got really mad and started yelling at us again, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at us!

Weiss: You!

Ruby: (quickly jumping into her sister's arms) Oh, God, it's happening again!

Weiss: You're lucky that friend stopped you falling otherwise all three of us would've been thrown off the side of the cliff!

Yang: (deadpan) Oh my God, you really almost exploded.

Ruby: It was an accident. (getting down; to Weiss) It was an accident! (tries to plead with her further as Weiss shows her a pamphlet titled "DUST for dummies and other Inadequate Individuals") What's this?