Chapter 29 Redux: Radiant

3rd Person POV:

Roaming the dormitory halls, Yang walks onward while deep in thought.

Yang: (thoughts) There's nothing to do.

A memory flashes, with the long-haired blonde sitting on her bunk while Ruby and Weiss could both be seen studying together as Blake simply reads her books in silence.

Present Yang: (thoughts) I'm glad everyone is able to keep themselves busy, but what am I supposed to do?

Yang: (thoughts) Studying? Nah, I'd rather not do anymore than just my school assignments. Reading? No, I prefer to be doing something more active with my time.

Yang: (thoughts) Maybe just doing some training? But I don't improve myself all that much without someone else to keep me going.

She roams around until stopping at a door, and contemplates knocking on it for a brief second until doing so.

A moment passes with the door opening to reveal Y/N, who proceeds to greet Yang with a warm smile.

Y/N: Hey, Yang. What's up?

Yang: I was feeling a little bit lonely and since everyone is busy, I was just wondering if you happened to be free to hangout today?

Y/N: I didn't really have anything planned for today, so sure. (grabs her wallet and scroll)

Yang: Awesome.

Y/N: (closes her door) So, where should we head to first?

Yang: Hmm. (grins) I have an idea.

With that, Yang speeds along the city streets on Bumblebee with Y/N holding on to the blonde.

Yang: Ah, pushing it to the limit after fine tunning Bumblebee will never get old! (glances over to her passenger) How you feeling back there, Y/N?

Y/N: (revealed to be smiling) Hahahahaha, this isn't so bad.

Yang: (thoughts) I thought she'd be scared but this a good change of pace compared to Neptune and Ruby. (remembers their panicked screaming on previous joyrides)

Y/N: No wonder Roman couldn't catch up with the Paladin, your bike is really amazing.

Yang: Heh, you haven't seen anything yet. (goes full throttle)

Y/N: Whoa! (as they both zoom at much greater speeds)

A bit later, Bumblebee could be seen parked in a lot amongst other vehicles as the bike owner is shown leading Y/N somewhere.

Y/N: So, you and Ruby used to come here all the time?

Yang: Yep, we actually came back here during semester break.

Y/N: I thought you were both grounded because of what happened at the docks.

Yang: We did our occasional sneak outs, me a bit more than Ruby.

Y/N: Hehe.

Yang: (gesturing to the sight) Here we are.

Y/N: (in awe) Woooow.