Chapter 22 Redux: Duty-bound

3rd Person POV:

The shattered moon of Remnant is left in full view as General Ironwood stands alone at the landing docks overlooking the city, which has a few of his airships hovering over the lit-up buildings.

Glynda: (walking up to the general) Trouble sleeping?

Ironwood: (looking back, gripping his shoulder with the other hand) Arm was acting up.

Glynda: Of course, so logically, you got out of bed, dressed yourself completely and decided to gaze menacingly out into the distance.

Glynda: (fully makes her over as she looks at Ironwood with an concerned expression) What's wrong?

Ironwood: I've trusted him for years. We both have. I just... I can't help but feel like he's keeping us in the dark.

Glynda: Don't be ridiculous! You know very well that we are not the ones in the dark.

Ironwood: (laughs) That makes it worse! I refuse to believe that a man that I've trusted for so long would act so... passively.

Glynda: (places a reassuring hand on the general's shoulder) You're a good person, James. You've always done what you think is best for the people, even against strong protest. It's admirable. But it's high time you stopped talking about trust and started showing it. (drops her hand as they stare into the distance together) Ozpin has experience that the rest of us lack. And I think that's something worth remembering.

Elsewhere, over the ruined buildings of Mountain Glenn, and a lone Beowolf is searching through the rubble. The wolf-like creature looks over as the view changes over to Ruby, who has her sniper rifle scope aimed at the Grimm.

Instead of taking the shot, Ruby lowers Crescent Rose and let's out a tired sigh as she keeps lookout over the destruction on the ground below.

The rest of her team are seen lying down on their sleeping mats set around the camp fire with all of their weapons within arm-length. Above them is Doctor Oobleck, who's slumped down against the wall next to the hole in the ceiling/floor.

Four of the members of RWBYY each have their eyes closed, seemingly asleep, that is until Yang stops pretending.

Yang: Blake, are you awake?

Blake: Yeah.

Yang: Why do you think he asked us about being a Huntress? Like, what was he trying to say?

Blake: Maybe he was just curious.

Yang: You think?

Blake: (downcast) No.

Weiss: Of course I'm awake! You two are talking.

Yang: (flinches from the heiress response before speaking again) Y/N, are you awake?

Y/N: Couldn't make myself fall asleep even if I wanted to.

The four are all left in a somber silence until Weiss suddenly speaks up.

Weiss: When I said I wanted to honor my family's name, I meant it. But, it's not what you think. I'm not stupid. I'm fully aware of what my father has done with the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took control, our business has operated in a... moral gray area.