Chapter 58: Elites

Y/N POV:

Since following Penny through Atlas Academy Clover and the Ace Ops lead us to a room for a mission briefing.

Clover: All right, gather 'round. Our mission today is to secure the launch site for the Amity Communications Tower.

Clover: The designated area is an abandoned Dust mine. Since its closure, the Grimm have moved in.

He brings up a screen as it shows the overview of the mission showing a photograph of Huntsmen fighting against an Ice Geist.

The screen changes to the map of the area with the list of Active Huntsmen along with the Ace Ops and main review of the mission.

"Reported Petra Geist near Huntsman Post North. Huntsmen secured area but were unable to eliminate Petra Gigas. The Grimm was seen retreating to abandoned SDC Mines No. 2 located in Zone 3. No casualties were reported, three Huntsmen suffered minor injuries."

With recommended course of action to send the Ace Ops to clear out the mine.

The map changes to show the Zones around the mind with only one being cleared as the screen adds my team name along with RWBY and JNPR.

Clover: The good news is all that untouched Dust is still down there, too. Science team says they'll need it for the first phase of their launch.

Clover: Atlas military Huntsmen are already hard at work clearing out the surrounding tundra. But recon has identified a powerful Geist that's managed to evade destruction and take several lives.

Clover: After we increased our numbers, the Geist was smart enough to retreat into the mine itself, meaning it's old and extremely dangerous.

He makes the photograph expand to show the Petra Geist.

Clover: This is our target.

Clover: The mine was a labyrinth back in the day. There's all sorts of tunnels and chambers the Geist can move between, so if we're gonna kill this thing, we'll have to split up and corner it.

Clover: General Ironwood says you've seen your fair share of combat.

Clover: I trust that man with my life, so tomorrow, I'll be trusting you all, too.

Clover: Let's make it happen, people

Pietro and Maria come into the room.

Pietro: Now if you'll will follow me.

He leads us to a laboratory.

Pietro: Apologies for the mess and for holding onto your weapons for so long.

Pietro: The upgrades you requested were, uh... well, they were more than I anticipated. (laughs)

Pietro: There's some additional enhancements I'd like to suggest. Oh, but for now, these should serve you well enough.

He leads us to a shelf with a narrow row of Briefcases.