Chapter 76: Memories Unraveling

Ayuki POV:

I find myself back with Ms.Ainz and Mr.Akira as I'm sitting on a medical table with Ms.Ainz holding a needle with Mr.Akira preparing something on his scroll.

Ayuki: It will make me sleep for awhile?

Ms.Ainz: Yes, just for today.

Mr.Akira: It will test your.... ability to absorb aura even when you're asleep.

Ayuki: Okay...

Ms.Ainz gives me the shot as everything becomes blurry and disoriented before going black as I'm only able to hear voices.

Mr.Akira: It would seem this one is another failure, General Ironwood.

Ms.Ainz: Complete inability to use Aura and no sign of Semblance use.

Ironwood: Understood, terminate her like the rest.

Ms.Ainz: However this one has gained consciousness and appears to be stable sir.

Mr.Akira: She also has no signs of regaining any of her memories.

Ironwood: What are you both insinuating?

Mr.Akira: We would like to adopt her into our family.

Ms.Ainz: She has shown signs of life and has free will we have no right to terminate her like the others.

Ironwood:...

Ironwood: Understood...you may adopt Ayuki into your family.

Mr.Akira: We're also resigning from our positions as head scientists.

Ms.Ainz: However we'll leave all our research for the experiments.

Ironwood: Understood... we're gonna miss both of your work efforts for this project.

Ainz & Akira: Thank you sir.

Everything goes quiet as the darkness fully takes hold as all I feel is the wind blowing at my face.

My eyes start to slowly open as I see I'm no longer in the white room but a completely different room filled with a bright light and I notice I'm no longer laying on a lab table but a actually bed.

Ayuki: Where am I...?

I look around to see Ms.Ainz and Mr Akira preparing something.

Ayuki: Ms.Ainz? Mr.Akira?

Ms.Ainz and Mr.Akira: (presenting a black and purple cake) Welcome to our home Ayuki!

Ayuki: Hmm?

Ayuki: Is this a test?

Ms.Ainz: Not at all.

Mr.Akira: From now on you don't have to do anymore tests.

Ainz: Because you're part of our family now.

Ayuki: Family...?

Akira: You've been adopted into our family which means...

Akira & Ainz: You're our daughter.

Ayuki: (teary eyed) Really...?

They both respond with a smile as I continue to cry while smiling until everything goes white.

Ayuki: (Mom...Dad...)

I look around to see I'm laying in bed but not my Dorm room this time but in Y/N's bed.

Ayuki: (I'm in Y/N's bed...?)

I sit up to see Rinka sleeping by Y/N's computer desk.

Ayuki: Rinka..?