Volume 8 End: Promise Between Empresses

3rd Person POV:

Ayuki stares at Y/N in shock that she's actually here.

Y/N: It's seems that you heard me calling you.

Ayuki: Where are we?

Y/N: It's just a world I created so we could meet.

Ayuki: ...

Y/N: You okay?

Ayuki: I need to go back out there now!

She stands and tries to find a place to leave.

Y/N: Don't worry....

Ayuki: How could I not?! I need to save that girl and the others!

Y/N: (mumbling to herself) So, this is how it feels to be on the other side of that.

Y/N: Ayuki you don't have to worry in this place time is slowed down, out there it's only been five seconds while in here it feels like it's been five minutes.

Ayuki calms down and sits down next to Y/N.

Ayuki: Why did you bring me here?

Y/N: I want to answer any questions you have and ask you some of my own questions.

Ayuki: ...

Ayuki: How do you feel about me being a clone of you?

Y/N: I'm not exactly thrilled that Ironwood did this just to make a weapon.

Y/N: The dead should be allowed to rest yet he tried to bring me back and essentially make me a slave for Atlas.

Ayuki: Do you see me as a mistake?

Y/N: Not at all.

Ayuki: How could you not?! I'm a clone of you I was meant to take your place and steal everything that's yours!

Y/N: Ayuki at the beginning you were a clone of me but since then you've made your own life for yourself, having a loving family, making friends, having a normal school life, well about as normal as this world makes it.

Y/N: You will never be known as Y/N L/N but as yourself Ayuki Yukine.

Ayuki: ...You really feel that way?

Y/N: Yep, Y/N L/N has passed but my memories are still with everyone else.

Y/N: By the way I wanna thank you for helping my family and making more happy times for them.

Ayuki: They're really good people.

Y/N: They've always been like that.

Ayuki & Y/N: Caring for everyone except themselves.

The two girls laugh at this before settling down as the snow continues to fall around them.

Ayuki: Why were you calling out to me?

Y/N: I felt Fuyuko's presence when she was born and I knew how unstable she was.