Chapter 21 Redux: Purpose

3rd Person POV:

Back to where we left off, Team RWBYY are still left completely stunned upon seeing the Huntsmen their shadowing for the week.

Weiss: Professor Oobleck?

Oobleck: (talking in his usual fast pace while addressing his students) Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, girls, seeing as you've opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations; rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon.

Oobleck: I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the airship. And... (zooms up right to Weiss' face) It's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much! (quickly backs away)

Weiss: (looks over to Blake, who's equally disturbed) Uh...

Oobleck: Come now, children; according to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind! (as an afterthought to clarify) ...schedule! (zips off to the airship docked farther ahead in a second)

Ruby: (positive and upbeat before suddenly becoming as depressed as her team halfway through) Well, alright, then! Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oooobleck- okay yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse.

Nora: (approaching alongside her teammates) Save the world? (being overly dramatic) You're going on world-saving missions without us? I'm hurt... sad! (stomach rumbles) Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not your fault, though, Ren...

Ren simply crosses his arms and turns away in response.

Jaune: Sounds exciting. Where ya going?

Ruby: Oh, just outside the kingdom...

Nora: Hey! So are we!

Pyrrha: Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village.

Ren: We set out tomorrow.

Neptune: (approaching alongside Sun) Then you can party with us tonight! We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges.

Jaune: (awestruck) So cool...

Sun: Figured it was about time to see what the city has to offer minus the giant robots and explosions that usually happen around you guys.

Ruby: (letting out an awkward laugh) Well-

Oobleck: (calling for Team RWBYY back at the airship) Four minutes, ladies! (goes back inside as their friends smile awkwardly at the girls)

Ruby: Well, uh... (throws a thumbs-up) Wish us luck!

Sometime later, the group can be seen standing in the airship as the craft flies over buildings and streets amid deafening turbines.

Yang: (to Oobleck) I guess I just never saw you as much of a fighter.

Oobleck: I admit I fancy myself to be more of an intellectual, but I can assure you, as a Huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles.

Ruby: (tilting her head in confusion) Like the mushroom?

Blake: (leaning over) Those are truffles.

Ruby: (still scratching her head in befuddlement) Like the sprout?

Y/N: (also leaning over) Those are Brussels.