Chapter 25 Redux: Intertwined

3rd Person POV:

Upon discovering that an inversion event is about to take place, General Ironwood along with the others down below can only watch in complete horror as a growing darkness forms in the center of the city.

The raging storm continues to wreck havoc as many structures begin to break apart from the sheer power and coldness enveloping them. It continues on like this until the storm suddenly subsides, as the culprit menacingly stands amongst the ruined structures.

Negative energy continuously erupts from the hidden figure, who's revealed to be Y/N as her eyes have completely darkened in color to match her free-flowing black-to-white gradient hair.

The inversed Y/N takes a few steps forward before locking eyes with the Lilith, who's now somewhat revitalized as it releases an unconscious Ruby before letting out a mighty roar at the approaching being enveloped in darkness.

Y/N with a single step, appears beside the downed Ruby before picking her up and disappearing once again. The inversed being then appears next to Team RWBY, JNPR, Sun, Neptune, and Glynda as they're all left in shock from her sudden appearance.

Yang: Y-Y/N?

Despite hearing her name being called, Y/N doesn't even respond as she gently lays Ruby down on the ground before blitzing over to the Lilith. Both newly energized combatants, stand against one another until the Lilith with a loud roar attempts to strike at Y/N, who quickly forms a wall of ice which stops the attack completely.

The Demonic Grimm is left struggling to free itself from the icy barrier, which suddenly collapses as Y/N slashes at the Lilith with a sword made out of her inversed aura.

Her attack leaves the Lilith to cry out in pain as the slash mark on its chest instantly freezes over, Y/N doesn't attempt another attack as she raises her hand to the skies. Suddenly, a large flower of ice erupts from the Lilith's chest as the Grimm is reduced into literal snowflakes.

Y/N remains motionless as the snow falls onto the inversed girl, who proceeds to look over at the still opened train tunnel, which has the sounds of approaching Grimm hordes getting closer.

Raising her sword in the air, a storm of inversed aura envelopes the weapon as Y/N unleashes the stored energy with one slash of her icy blade. A powerful shockwave makes head way towards the train tunnels, which is left completely frozen along with the Grimm inside as everything shatters into nothing.

To prevent anymore hostile threats from making it to the city, Y/N creates an ice barrier in order to reseal the train tunnel. Everyone is left in shock from what has transpired as they're left unsure of whether the inversed girl before them was friend or foe.

Not wanting to see the result, Ironwood gathers the last of his air fleet and proceeds to unleash an aerial bombardment aimed straight at Y/N.

The inversed being extends her hand out as the aerial projectiles instantly freeze over with the ongoing storm shifting into a torrent of ice chains, which forcibly drag down the atlesian air fleet.

Y/N proceeds to channel much more aura in full preparation for the final attack.

Ruby: Y/N!

This call out causes Y/N to stop her attack before looking over to Ruby, who despite the concerned pleas of her teammates, friends, and teachers, rushes over to her inversed girlfriend.

Y/N: ...

Ruby: Y/N, what were you about to do?

Y/N?: They attacked me unprovoked, so I'm defending myself.