Chapter 63: Family Revelations

Y/N POV:

I sit in Team RWBY'S along with Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang, and Oscar as Weiss holds the invitation with her father.

Weiss: Only my father would turn a hostile takeover into a fluffy PR move.

Ruby: On the news, he said he just wanted to break bread and hash things out. Maybe it won't be so bad? We do want the General to start opening up to these people, right?

Oscar: Yeah, but on his terms. Ironwood's going to be locked in a room at his rival's own dinner party.

Oscar: I know Jacques says he's happy to moderate, but all that really means is he'll be the one controlling the conversation.

Blake: Not hard to imagine how that's gonna play out.

Weiss: I still can't believe he won. Robyn was supposed to be the people's champion, wasn't she? (sighs) There's just too many coincidences.

Y/N: You really think your dad might have something to do with Salem?

Weiss: I think my father would do whatever it takes to win.

Ruby: And we should do the same.

Weiss: Meaning...?

Ruby: Well, no one knows your dad better than you, and out of everyone going tonight, I'd say you're the only one who could snoop around the house and not be questioned.

Ruby: If Jacques Schnee is up to something, I think we should know what it is.

Yang: But you could use some back up in case things go wrong.

Weiss: Well, I did have a certain maid with me.

She looks at me as I realize what she meant.

Y/N: No way...No I'm not putting that outfit on again.

Weiss gives me the sad puppy dog eyes as I feel my resolve falter.

Weiss: Please...?

Y/N: (sighs) Fine...

Timeskip~

Y/N: (I can't believe I'm doing this again)

Yue: (But you look really pretty mom)

Miyuki & Koyuki: (See we're not the only ones that think so)