Chapter 8 Redux: Useless

Y/N POV:

Despair; the complete loss or absence of hope.

The times when I wasn't consumed by this emotion are few in number. I decided to follow my hope for better times ahead once more before Professor Ozpin accepted me into Beacon Academy.

There I managed to make some friends as each of them have their own fair share of troubles. Part of me wishes I can help them but it was only to satisfy my own selfish desire of never being left alone.

Recently, my psyche has started to worsen to a much greater degree compared to the times I was left alone in that desolate apartment room.

The last memory I can recall is the image of Jaune and Team CRDL, perching over a mountain after their failed attempt to hit me with a jar of red sap at Forever Falls Forest.

I don't want to believe that Jaune would willingly do this, but it wouldn't be completely out of the question if he did choose to hit me.

Ever since I arrived at Beacon, all I've been doing is letting my fears and selfishness out when I interact with people.

I'm far too weak to be allowed here. My selfishness is completely unbecoming of someone, who wants to become a Huntress.

Not like I ever truly wanted to become one anyways as all I ever really wanted to do is (voice overlaps with her jester personality) disappear.

3rd Person POV:

With her thoughts collected, Y/N eyes slowly flutter open as her apperance has drastically changed. Her once jet-black hair has turned into a silvery-white while her dark purple eyes have seemingly changed to a lighter hue.

Before Y/N could survey her surroundings, Ruby comes rushing in with a warm embrace.

Ruby: Y/N!

Y/N: R-Ruby?

Yang: Guess Professor Ozpin was right.

Weiss: I didn't think she would change this much from it.

Y/N: (as Ruby releases her) What are you talking about?

Blake: You can't use your Aura anymore.

Y/N: My Aura?

Ruby: (trying to cheer Y/N up) It's only temporary. Professor Ozpin told us that you overused your Aura at Forever Falls, which caused a lot of strain on your body.

Ruby: He didn't tell us how long it would take for you to recover, but for now you won't be able to properly use your Aura.

Y/N closes her eyes and attempts to channel her Aura as only a flicker of dark energy envelopes her body before shattering completely.

This causes the grey-haired girl to hold her chest in pain.

Yang: Don't try to force it.

Y/N: I-I'm sorry.

Ruby: You don't need to apologize. We're just glad you're okay.