Chapter 49: Hope Lost

Y/N POV:

Ozma: I'll do it.

God of Light: Very well. Our creation rests within your hands.

He then disappears in a ball of light.

Jinn: And so Ozma was reborn.

Ozma reincarnates into a man with a tanned complexion and pale blonde hair, who had just stabbed a Beowolf with a pitchfork, causing it to disintegrate.

Y/N: (So this was his first reincarnation)

I look to see the village he's in burning as Grimm continue chasing the villagers down.

Ozma: Where am I?

He looks over to see a man flailing his sword against a Beowolf as the the other soul takes over and takes down the beast.

Man: Thank you. Please, tell me your name. Who are you?

Only for Ozma to take back control and drop his sword in horror.

The scene changes to Ozma walking around the city seeing Faunus locked up in changes seeing the many differences from his time.

Jinn: Ozma had found himself in a world completely unfamiliar to him. Cities looked different. Creatures known as the Faunus bore fangs and claws and were locked away in cages.

Jinn: And without the blessing of the gods, no one could perform magic like mankind was once capable of, no one but himself and a woman known as... the witch.

The scene changes to him walking into a forest.

Jinn: During his years of travel, he heard the same frightened whispers that spoke of a terrifying sorceress who commanded dark powers in the wilds among the beasts and monsters.

Jinn: Ozma was convinced that this witch was Salem, and decided he needed to see what she had become.

As he makes it towards the cottage Salem walks out with an angry glare that softens immediately once she took a closer look.

Jinn: Call it magic or call it something stronger, but in that moment, the two knew exactly who it was that stood before them.

Ozma and Salem walk towards each other, the two hold each other's hands, interlocking their fingers affectionately.

Ozma: What do we do now?

Salem: Whatever we like.

The scene changes to see them talking with one another.

Jinn: As Salem and Ozma recounted the events which had brought them back together, each withheld parts of their story. Salem, fearing Ozma would reject her, blamed the end of the world on the gods.

Jinn: Ozma, still unsure of where the truth lay, kept his task and the Relics a secret.

Jinn: Though time passed and all seemed well, Ozma's conversation with the God of Light still lingered in his mind. He had found happiness, but humanity seemed more divided than ever before.

Salem: Are you surprised? This world is quite literally godless. These humans have no one to guide them. Perhaps that's all they need.

Ozma: What are you saying?

Salem: We could become the gods of this world. Our powers surpass all others. Our souls transcend death.

Salem: We can mold these lands into whatever we want, what you want, create the paradise that the old gods could not.