Chapter 14 Redux: Schemes

3rd Person POV:

Several airships have begun their descent towards Beacon Academy, where Professor Ozpin and Goodwitch are seen currently observing the entire scene through the window into the headmaster's office.

Glynda: Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels.

Ozpin: Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man.(continues on as three more ships are seen flying in) But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore.

Ozpin: (hears a chirping beep sounds repeatedly as he turns to see a hollow-message "Access Requested" on his desk) Come in.

The elevator doors soon slide open as General Ironwood enters the room in a professional manner.

Ironwood: (cordially) Ozpin!

Ozpin: (stands at attention) Hello, General.

Ironwood: Please, drop the formalities. (both approach and shake hands as Glynda also approaches) It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met.

Glynda: Oh, James! (gives a personable wave and then drops all pleasantries) I'll be waiting outside. (exits the room)

Ironwood: Well, she hasn't changed a bit.

Ozpin: (turns to his desk as the elevator doors are heard closing) So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas? (continues speaking as he proceeds to pick up a mug and kettle before pouring himself a drink) Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival. (offers a drink for the general)

Ironwood: (clinks mugs with Ozpin) Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year. (produces a canteen from his inside coat pocket and pours its contents into his mug) Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up. 

Ozpin: (walks around to his desk, kettle and a new mug in hand as he soon sits and pours himself some more coffee) I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned.

Ironwood: Well, concern is what brought them here.

Ozpin: I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult.

Ironwood: Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men.

Ozpin: (takes a drink before sitting his mug down) We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression.

Ironwood: (setting his mug down) But if what Qrow said is true...

Ozpin: If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully. (emphasizes the last part as he holds up an index finger) It's the Vytal Festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest that you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent.

Ironwood: I'm just being cautious.

Ozpin: As am I. Which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can.

Ironwood: Believe me, I am. (turns and walks away as he stops near the door and looks back at Ozpin) But ask yourself this: Do you honestly believe your children can win a war? (continues onward his way to the exit)

Ozpin: I hope they never have to.

Meanwhile, Y/N and Miyuki are both seen fighting against each other in their inner world.