Chapter 17 Redux: Affections

3rd Person POV:

One week has passed since the investigation as Team RWBY and Y/N have been resting up after the battle against the Atlesian Paladin. Despite this period of time being meant for recuperating, Blake can be seen on the verge of passing out on her desk as the rest of her classmates are currently spectating a sparring match between Pyrrha and all of Team CRDL.

The red spartan starts the battle off by striking at Cardin, who who tries to counter only to hit her shield before getting driven back. He falls to one knee then rolls to dodge as she comes down from above.

Eventually, Pyrrha launches her spear at Dove and then proceeds to knock him down. Next she fires a shot at Sky then blocks Feather's Edge with her shield. Switching from sword to spear the red spartan proceeds to drive her opponent back, firing another shot before knocking Sky to the ground.

Pyrrha focuses her attention on Cardin, who inserts a red dust crystal into his weapon as with just one ground slam of the heavy mace a short column of fire is unleashed.

She dodges the oncoming wave of fire before blocking a swing from her opponent's mace, which leaves Cardin no choice but to attempt and double-team her alongside Sky.

The duo attempt to attack Pyrrha, who avoids them both before vaulting over Cardin. She then proceeds to throw her shield, which hits Cardin in the face and bounces back to hit Sky as well.

Pyrrha then flips backwards through the air to catch it then land on Sky, incapacitating him. Witnessing this both Dove and Russel rush her together, but she is able to drive them back with little effort.

The red spartan kicks Dove away as he just barely recovers by landing on his feet, which leaves an opening against Pyrrha as Cardin leaps in to smash at her with his mace.

His attack is evaded as Pyrrha opens fire with the rifle-form of Miló, however, Russel rushes in to defend his leader by deflecting every shot with Shortwings. He and Dove both proceed to charge at Pyrrha, with Russel leaping into the air and performing a triple somersault.

However, the double-kick attack is easily blocked with her shield. Russel and Dove proceed to strike at Pyrrha together, showcasing precision through their ability to avoid hitting one another during the aggressive onslaught.

Their team attacks forces Pyrrha to fall back as she's still managing to to parry every blow. Seeing his chance Cardin attempts to capitalize on the opportunity, which is countered by Pyrrha open firing at him, leaving him to deflect the bullets with his mace.

He charges at her only to be met with a knee to the chin, the two clash with Cardin receiving several hits. Russel ducks in under Cardin for a surprise attack, but also proves himself unable to wear her down.

Pyrrha dodges every slash then hits him with her shield, Dove proceeds to move in after Russel is knocked to the ground. After a couple of deflected swipes, he fires on her with Hallshott, but she is able to bull right through using her shield. 

Although he is able to avoid her attack, Dove finds himself knocked out of the fight by an errant swing from Cardin, who moves in for another attack.

Pyrrha counters by knocking her opponent upward before leaping into the air to chase after him, this follow-up movement allows the red-headed spartan to quickly maneuver herself as she promptly ends the fight by slamming Cardin straight into the ground.

Glynda: (enters the arena) And that's the match.

Cardin: (clutches his ribs from the pain) Lucky shot. (collapses)