Chapt. 4: The Bell Test, Your Taste Is Awful

While Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto hid, I sat near the K.I.A. Stone and watched the whole training exercise happen, still in my chains and shackles. Naruto took Kakashi head on since he didn't want to hide. 

"Let's go! You and me! Right now!" Naruto shouted with his arm folded. 

"You know, compared to the others, you're a bit weird." Kakashi comments. 

"Oh, yeah? The only thing weird here is your haircut!" Having said that, Naruto runs at Kakashi while screaming. 

'What is that?' I think to myself as Kakashi pulls something out of his weapon pouch. "A book?" So he's going to be reading this whole time? What am I saying, he's a jouin and these kids are genin. 

With each hit and punch that Naruto is throwing at him, Kakashi is dodging his attacks like it's nothing. "Now you're mine!" Naruto goes for another punch, but Kakashi is already behind him. 

"Don't let your enemy get behind you all the time." Kakashi educates him with a hand sign. Even though it's not really a hand sign. "Leaf Village secret hidden jutsu! A thousand years of death!" He pokes Naruto in the ass, sending him flying in the air and into the lake. 

I've seen enough of this. I'm going to take a nap. I yawn and lean against the K.I.A. Stone, and drift into sleep. 

After what seemed like hours, I am awoken by screaming from a distance. It sounded like that guy who's hair looks like a duck's butt. And Kakashi isn't around. How much did I miss? 

"Hahahahaha! Sensei told us that if we don't get a bell, then we don't eat any lunch. But if I eat my lunch now, then there's nothing he can do! It's chow time!" Naruto is next to me about to eat the box lunches. 

"Naruto?" I question him, which startles him. 

"Gah! Akina! I'm sorry. Did I wake you?" He looks at me. 

"No." I shake my head and rub my eye. 

"So, about last night with Mizuki-Sensei, are you alright? I mean, you were covered in blood and all. I was worried that you were going to die..." Naruto frowns. 

"My wounds have healed up all thanks to you." I scoot over to him and grab both of his cheeks with my hands. "You were incredible, Darling~" I whisper the last part of my sentence in his ear. 

"Am I interrupting something?" I look up when I hear Kakashi's voice and Naruto screams. "Hi there." 

"I was just joking, Sensei..." Naruto gulps. 

"Nice try." Kakashi ties Naruto to one of the wooden post and goes back to searching for others, Sasuke and Sakura. But, time runs out and everyone meets up near the K.I.A. Stone. "All of you failed to understand what this exercise was about." 

I think I figured out what this training was about, even though I am not on the team. "Teamwork." I say out loud, grabbing everyone's attention. "2 bells and 3 of you. It's not hard to figure out. If 2 of you were able to get the bells, then the person without the bell would have failed. You had to work together to get the bells so that all 3 of you could pass." 

"Exactly. Good observation, Akina." Kakashi turns to me and nods his head. After this training exercise, now that everyone's passed the test after Kakashi scare them shitless, Kakashi and I went to grab something to eat since I told him I was hungry. 

While we were on our way back to the village, with the team following behind, Sakura decided to speak to me. "Hey, how come you're in those shackles and chains? Why are you even on this team?" 

"Because the old man Hokage assigned me on this team with Kakashi, and it's best if you don't know why I'm in these restraints." I reply to her without even turning around to look at her. 

"You know, we're suppose to have a 3 man squad. Not a 4 man squad. I don't get why you're on this team. You didn't even attend the academy or even take the tests we had to do. I've never seen you in the academy. Not once." 

I stop walking since this pink haired girl isn't going to shut up, and she was getting on my nerves. I turn to the girl, walk over to her, and lean down to her height. She takes a step back as I take a whiff of her neck, both sides, and lick her cheek. 

"Eek!" She squeaks and takes a step back, holding her cheek. I lean back and lick my lips, then give her a deadly glare. 

"You taste awful. It's bitter. Don't approach me or talk to me so casually as if we're equals, got it?" I tell her. 

"What!?" She growls and raises her fist, shaking it back and forth. 

"Let's go, Akina. You said you wanted to get something to eat, right? Come on." Kakashi calls me over to him, and I do as he says. 

After grabbing something to eat, Kakashi and I went back to his place. He got showered while I was in my room, lying on the bed while staring up at the ceiling. Today was so boring. I couldn't do anything fun. 

I can only be out of the shackle and chains when I'm in Kakashi's house. But, whenever I'm outside, I have to be in these restraints. Man, I hate this so much. 

As the endless night continued on, I was still staring up at the ceiling of my bedroom. I couldn't fall asleep. But, the more I stared at the ceiling, the darker the room got. What's happening? 

"I don't want this! Let me go!" 

"I will not tolerate this behavior. You will do as your told, Akina!" 

"No! Stop it!" 

My eyes snap open and I feel something wet in my eyes. I wipe my eyes and bring my hand to my face. Tears? I'm...crying? I was crying in my sleep? I fell asleep. Dammit. 

I wipe my eyes and leave my bedroom, then go into the living room with a blanket wrapped around me. I sat on the couch with knees pulled to my chest as I cover myself in my blanket and stare out the window, looking at the starry sky. 

I really hate the dark... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~