Chapt. 57: This Is Punishment?

~Akina's P.O.V.~

When I woke up in the Leaf Village hospital, fear ran through my body. My only thought was looking for Madara, hoping he would come save me. Being in the Leaf Village was the last placed I wanted to be. I didn't want to be here. 

When I saw Naruto in front of me, I began to cry because I felt so bad for what I've done to him and his home. It was unbelievable that someone like him could forgive me like that. Even when I called him fodder, he still forgave me... 

And he swore to protect me... The Darling I've been searching for has been here this whole time and I couldn't be any happier to be in his arms again. 'Darling... I don't ever want us to part again...' 

But still... What's going to happen to me while I'm here? 

~Naruto's P.O.V.~ 

I stayed with Akina until she was ready to be discharged from the hospital.  I even stayed with her when the doctors checked on her for her blood test, vitals, and temperature. But, when Akina gets discharged from the hospital, I was told to take her straight to Grandma Tsunade.

Akina was taken cared of with great care during her time in the hospital, but her behavior had changed completely ever since she turned human... Whenever a doctor came in, Akina became scared and she would cling onto me, trying to hide herself behind me. So, I had to stay with her because it was clear she couldn't trust anybody. 

"Here. Try this, Akina. Say, 'Aahh'." I held up a piece of an apple that I cut up for her. One of the doctors were kind enough to drop off a basket full of fruit. 

"Aahh..." Akina slowly opened her mouth and ate the piece of apple. 

"It's good, right?" I smile at her, and she nods her head.

"I can't remember the last time I tasted human food..." Akina replies with a sad smile. "Darling... When I get discharged, I'll have to see the 5th Hokage, don't I?..." She frowns and looks down at her lap. 

"Yeah..." I nod. 

"You will be with me the whole time, won't you?... Please?..." 

"Of course, Akina." I cup her cheek. "I'm going to be right beside you through it all. Believe it!" I smile at her and she smiles back. After another hour, Akina was discharged and changed into a pair of clothes. {The clothes she's wearing in the precious chapter}

When we left the hospital, I gently took Akina's hand and we both walked to the Hokage Tower. Akina's head was down the whole time while we walked. When we made it into the tower and in front of the Hokage's office, I look back at Akina as she continued to frown. 

"It's going to be okay." I smile at her and open the door. Kakashi-Sensei, Sakura, and Ritsu was there with Grandma Tsunade and Shizune. "Grandma Tsunade-" Grandma Tsunade didn't let me talk when she raised her hand up to silence me.