Chapt. 48: Team Taka And The Akatsuki

~Naruto's P.O.V.~ 

We have Itachi in custody while Kiba was trying to pick up Akina, or Sasuke's scent as Hinata was trying to sense their chakra. All of us were shocked when we saw Itachi still alive, after we were told that he was done and Sasuke had won the fight. 

We began to ask him questions about Sasuke, but he didn't tell us much about him or where he was heading to next. However, when we asked him about Akina, he replied, "Akina does not want to come back to the Leaf Village. She is with Sasuke now. As she says, Sasuke is her new Darling." 

My eyes widen at this. Akina...with Sasuke? Why? "Don't screw with us! That isn't true! Akina would never go to Sasuke!" I shout at him while gritting my teeth together. 

"But, it is the truth. While Sasuke and I were battling, Akina intervened and called him Darling. She has changed a lot....and the look in her eyes show that she didn't want to be found, nor be bothered with. She is filled with hatred, anger, and pain. There is nothing you can do to stop her to convince her."  

"Do you know where Akina, or Sasuke might be heading?" Kakashi-Sensei asks him. 

"I don't." Itachi shakes his head and closes his eyes. "But, are you sure you want to continue on with this? Do you think it's a good idea to go after Akina in the state she is in right now? I know you've seen the way she is now." 

"Whatever she is right now, I'm not going to give up. I'm going to bring her home!" I glare. "Something isn't adding up right now. I know that something is going on. So, I'm going to do whatever it takes to bring Akina back." 

"It's not going to be easy, Naruto. She has already chosen Sasuke as her Darling. Do you really think she will come back to you?" 

"I don't care about who she's with right now..." I turn my back to Itachi. As much as it pains me to say it... Akina with Sasuke... Why, him?.. I really screwed up this time... My chest is aching over this right now... 

~Akina's P.O.V.~ 

After learning the truth behind my parent's intentions and how I've become the being I am today, I've been by Madara's side since... I was too blind to realize what my parents were trying to do this whole time and it's all my fault... 

I'm the reason why I've been alone this whole time... All these years I was convinced that they wanted me dead because of the way I looked. How I looked like a monster to them... I never stopped to think and understand their true intentions... They're dead because of me. 

This is my fault...

"Still thinking about you had just found out?" Madara notices my silence while him, Suigetsu, Sasuke, Karin, Jugo, and I were near an ocean as the sun was setting. I reply with nodding my head, yes. "I'll tell you again that none of it is your fault, Akina. You were confused since you were only a child at the time." 

"But, they are dead because of me..." I say in a low tone while frowning.