Chapt. 28: The Land Of Tea

It's been a few days since Tsunade became the 5th Hokage. No missions have been brought up yet and Kakashi is in recovery. Because of his recovery, squad 7's missions had to be postponed. But, today was a mission that squad 7 had to go on a mission on their own. 

Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura, and I were summoned to the Hokage's office. I'm not sure whether or not Tsunade is going to allow me to go on this mission with or without Kakashi's supervision. 

"Hey, Grandma Tsuande!" Naruto shouts while waving to her. "What's up? Where's Kakashi-Sensei?" 

"How many times have I told you not to call me that?" Tsunade sighs. "Kakashi won't be here because of his recovery. But, I think it's about time squad 7 does a mission on their own. And, Akina," Tsunade looks at me with a smile. "Given Kakashi's report, I am allowing you to on this mission with your squad mates without the chains. He's told me a lot about you since he is your guardian." 

"Thank you..." I say in a mumble. "What's the mission?" 

"Squad 7 will be going to the Land of Tea. This is a B rank escort mission." Tsunade holds up a scroll. "But it could end up an A rank mission if you do run into trouble." 

"So, who do we escort?" Sasuke asks. 

"I don't know." 

"What do you mean you don't know?" Naruto takes a step forward. 

"Every 4 years, the Land of Tea holds a dedication ceremony at the great Todoroki Shrine. Each time we are asked to escort a runner, participating in a race, is apart of the ceremony. This year the messengers were attacked before they could get here." Tsunade reads the note that was in the scroll. 

"Who attacked them?" 

"I'm sorry, but I'm not following the story well." Sakura frowns. Clueless as ever. 

"Don't worry about that now. Just go meet Jirocho. He'll fill you in on everything." Tsunade says to us. 

"That gambler guy we met!" Naruto exclaims. 

"That's everything you need to know. Now, no wasting time. They're expecting you in the Land of Tea by the end of the day. So get moving!" 

"Right!" The squad says as I merely nod my head. We leave the office and head on the road. While we're walking, I grab Naruto's hand and mutter out, with my hair shading my eyes, 

"Darling..." 

"Huh? Yeah, what's up, Akina?" Naruto turns around and looks at me. "What's the matter?" 

"...Let's fight and complete this mission together..." 

"You got it!" He smiles at me. We continue to walk to the Land of Tea until Naruto decides we should stop at a Teahouse. Naruto orders sweet bean soup as Sakura orders dumplings, and Sasuke orders rice. "What do you want, Akina?"