Chapt. 60: Are You Still There? Change

Naruto had went off for a mission, so I was to be kept under surveillance by Kakashi Hatake. Naruto dropped me off at his house before he left or his mission. 

Honestly, it was a bit awkward for me... As my memory recalls, I use to live with Kakashi and he was the one who took care of me stead of being locked up in my cell. 

"I'm always going to be honest with you, Akina. You can count on that."

And he also protected me during Pein's invasion of the Leaf Village. He tackled me out of the way before I could get squished by Choji and his father. And yet, I almost killed him and left Pein to finish him off for me. 

Right now, I'm in Kakashi's house and in my old bedroom. I made such a mess of it. Yet, he fixed it all up for me. The wallpaper was replaced to hide the scratches and he got new a new mirror, bedsheets, and a pillow. 

"It's like nothing ever happened to it..." I whisper to myself. I can even remember the nights I would look out the window to avoid sleeping. Did I ever sleep while I stayed with Kakashi? The only times I've slept was when I was with Madara. 

"Well, I couldn't let you sleep in a trashy room, now can I?" I take a step back, becoming startled by Kakashi. "It's different from the last time you were here, isn't it?" 

"It is..." I nod my head. 

"Come on. The tea is almost ready." Kakashi goes to the living room and I follow him. I sit on the couch as he hands me a cup of tea. "Are you all right? You've been quiet ever since you got here." 

"It's just that... It's weird for you to accept me back so easily and willingly. For someone who has taken care of me and trusted me back then forgives me so suddenly. Out of all the people, you should be the one scolding at me. I attacked you just so I can see my Darling again, then left you without saying goodbye...." I frown. 

"You're really feeling guilty about this, aren't you?" Kakashi takes a seat next to me and sets his cup on the coffee table. 

"Of course I am..." I nod. "You were the first person to see me different and I almost killed you. I ignored your feelings and consideration and this whole time...you still cared... You and Darling didn't give up looking for me... And I..." 

"Akina," I feel Kakashi softly place his hand on the top of my head as I began to tear up. "You don't have to feel sorry about anything." 

"But, I do! I should!" I shout, leaning forward. 

"You were living in the past, thinking that every human was the same. So, you were protecting yourself while trying to accomplish on turning yourself human. But, you can't get over the things that you did." 

"I've never felt this kind of guilt before...." I look down at my lap. 

"You must have felt lonely, didn't you?" 

"Huh??" I look at Kakashi and I am pulled into a warm, tightly embrace. "K-Kakashi!?" I gasp. "Wh-What are you doing!? If you keep holding me like this, I'm going to take your chakra! L-Let go!" I panic and try to push him away, but he holds me tighter and closer. "Kakashi!"