Chapt. 47: It Was You!? The Truth Behind The Demon

~Akina's P.O.V.~ 

"Grrr!!! Rahhh!!!" I struggle against my restraints after suddenly waking up somewhere dark and dimly lit. 

Someone had grabbed me and Sasuke, and the mysterious part about it was that I couldn't sense their chakra. It's like they showed up out of nowhere. 

"You really are persistent. You instantly woke up after putting you to sleep. It's a good thing I had time to restrain you before you could wake up." I snap my head towards the voice. I've never heard that voice before. Who's there? "As I said," I glare at the person who comes into the dim light. "It's good to see you again, Akina." 

"Grrr!!!" I growl at him. 

"My, look at you. You've lost so much of your sanity that you don't know how to speak, except for to say one word. But, it's fine. You can still understand what I'm saying. There's nothing to worry about, Darling." I stop growling, but continue to glare at the man after hearing that word. "I think it's about time we met face to face for real, don't you?" 

The man walks over to me and kneels in front of me. He's the same Akatsuki member Ritsu and I ran into earlier. He's also the one who delivered the medicine. 

"I brought you here because there's something I need to tell you. I think it's about time you knew the truth." My eyes slightly widen when I see his visible eye behind his mask. That eye... I've seen that particular eye before...! He's...! 

~Flashback~ 

I heavily cough while I am sitting up from my bed. My mother hands me medicine to ease my coughing a little as she sadly frowned. "Here, sweetie. Take this." I take the small cup and drink the medicine, but cough again. "It's no use, Ryuku. She's getting worse..." 

"I know... We've tried everything we can. None of the medicine is working! Dammit!" Father throws a fit and smashes a bottle of another type of medicine onto the floor. "At this rate, she's going to..." 

"Don't say that! There has to be another way!" Mother rushes over to Father and holds his arm.

"Look at her, Masumi! Does she look like she's getting better!? We've tried every possible medicine, but one none of it is working!" Father looks at me with tears in his eyes. 

"It's okay, Dad..." I weakly smile in a hoarse voice. "You two are trying your best... It's fine..." 

"No, it's not fine." Father walks over to me and kneels in front of my futon. 

"Am I going to die?..." 

"No, baby. You're just very sick, okay? But, don't worry. You're going to be okay. Do you hear me? Daddy's going to do everything in his power to make you well again. Do you understand?" 

I cough again and cover my mouth, before looking at my dad again. "I can't...hear what you're saying..." I tell him this. His eyes widen and so does mother when they hear me say this.