Chapt. 52: Change Of Plans, New Destination

"Are you awake, Akina?" I slowly open my eyes at the sound of Madara's voice. My head is on his lap as he is sitting down somewhere in the hideout. 

"Madara?..." I sit up and look around.

"You exhausted yourself with that last jutsu of yours. That's never happened before. It's a good thing I summoned you in time." 

I passed out after using my last attack? Something like that has never happened before. But, I remember everything that happened. "Is the Leaf Village destroyed?" I ask. 

"It is, but it is in the middle of repair." 

"What?!" My eyes widen as I look at him. 

"Pein is dead. Naruto defeated him. Your technique wasn't enough to destroy all of the Leaf. Naruto managed to get rid of your jutsu." 

'So, I failed...!?' My eyes stay widen as I stood up from the ground and walked over to the entrance of the hideout. 

"Akina?" Madara questions me. I open my mouth and a dark chakra ball blasts to a part of the area near the hideout, and I scream out of rage. 

'Dammit! Dammit! Dammit! I did not succeed! I failed!' "RAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" I punch a wall beside me, bursting a hole into it and repeatedly punch it. "Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!" I growl. 'They don't deserve to live! All of them should have perished! They all should have been wiped out!!! It's not fair!' 

"Akina!" I feel my wrist being grabbed and I am pulled into Madara's chest. "Calm yourself now." He orders. I breath heavily in his chest and tears begin to well up. I cling onto Madara's cloak and began to cry. 

It's not fair... They shouldn't be still alive... They should have been dead... All of them... I cry/scream in Madara's chest and Madara kneels down to hold me closer. 

"Do not get discouraged, Akina. There will always be another time." Madara tells me while stroking the back of my head. I slowly began to calm down and stop my crying, and just lie my head on his chest. "You have fought greatly, Akina. Now, it is time for you to rest and save your energy. Go back to sleep. I'll be right here once you awake again." 

Madara lays my head on his lap and I close my eyes, dozing off into sleep. When I woke up, Madara and I went looking for Sasuke, Karin, Suigetsu, and Jugo. He informed me about them delivering the 8 tails to him, but it was a substitution. Also, they had left the Akatsuki. 

We appears in front of them as they were traveling. "Hey! It's Akina!" Suigetsu smirks. "Where have you been? Sasuke's been worried about you. You suddenly vanished after capturing the 8 tails." 

"Akina!" Ritsu jumps beside me. "Are you okay? What happened to you?" 

"I'm fine, Ritsu." I say calmly. 

"She had other things to attend to. But, you failed me. The 8 tails you delivered was merely a substitution." Madara sounds angry. "You will continue what you started as members of the Akatsuki. Having said that, you can forget about the 8 tails. I've decided to give you a different task."