Chapt. 31: Altered Memories, Akina's Tale

~Akina's P.O.V.~ 

From what I can remember, at some point in time, I did have a family. A mother and a father, but to this day I don't remember their faces. But, I remember the life I lived with them. 

It was strange. 

At first, they were loving and caring parents that every child should have. My parents loved me and took care of me. But, I wasn't the healthiest child around. 

Of course, we lived in a house in the leaf village, but it was a private house. And I don't think my parents were ninjas. At least, that's how I saw things. As I already mentioned, I wasn't a healthy child. 

I had this sickness that couldn't be cured. I wasn't allowed outside during cold weathers because my parents feared that the cold could kill me. Or on any other weather condition, I was not allowed to leave the house. 

But one night, everything changed. Somebody came to our house and offered their help. They said that there was a way to cure me, but the risk was high. Before I knew it, I was sitting in the middle of the floor with the unknown person in front of me, creating these hand signs that I learned it was ninjutsu. 

Because of my sickness, I couldn't hear very well, so I couldn't understand what he was saying. All I remember was his hand on my face and I received a painful headache. But, after that, I was cured! I could walk and move around freely! But... I didn't look the same. 

I had horns on head and I felt my eyes glowing. "What did you do to her!? Look at her!" My father was shouting at the man who had cured me. "She isn't human! That thing isn't our daughter! Get out of here! Just get out!" 

These words that my father shouted stuck by me for as long as I could remember. I was no longer human to him... I wasn't human to anybody because of the way I looked. But, my parents still took care of me. However, 

Things became differently. 

I began having the urge to kill for reasons I didn't understand why. But, every time I killed, I felt good. I felt powerful. I didn't care who I killed. I felt myself getting stronger and all that I needed was chakra to keep me going. 

I thought I could live the perfect life and live freely without my sickness getting in the way. I could be happy! But... One night everything changed... 

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I'm going to help you. Daddy's going to fix everything." 

Father held a kunai in his hands while mother had rope while I slept. When my father raised the kunai, after mother had tied my hands behind my back, I came to realize... My own parents....were trying to kill me... Why? 

Was it because of the way I looked? Because I wasn't the daughter I was to them? Since that day, I never got the answers that I wanted. But, I didn't care after I had killed both of my parents.

From then on, I just wanted to kill so that I can feel better and powerful like I've felt when I first started killing.