Chapt. 56: No More Suffering

~Kakashi's P.O.V.~ 

"She changed back...!" Ritsu said with shock. As Akina fainted in Naruto's arms, her hair had changed from dark purple to pink, with a tint of white strand in her hair. Her color was a light purple and her teeth, and nails were no longer sharp. 

We were all shocked by this. How was it possible? Naruto is still alive. I'm sure Akina had taken his chakra. 

"Let me see her!" Ritsu runs over to Naruto and checks Akina's pulse. He sighs in relief. "She's breathing. You should be dead by now. How are you still alive? Akina should have taken all of your chakra." 

"I...don't know." Naruto looks back at Akina and tucks some of her hair behind her ear. "Akina..." 

"She doesn't belong to you." I look back at Sasuke. "She is mine. Give her back." He demanded with a glare. I glare back and get in front of Naruto, and Ritsu. 

"Akina is coming back with us, and so are you, Sasuke." I tell him and he begins to laugh. 

"Do you really think Akina would want to go back to a village that tortured and used her?! She was a weapon to the village and that's all she'll ever be! Even she knows that! I'm the only one who knows what Akina wants." 

"You know nothing about her." I glare back. 

Sasuke starts his chidori as he grits his teeth in anger. "I'm taking her back. I'm the only person she will ever need!" 

"That's not an option." I take out my kunai, but I am held back by one of Naruto's clones. "Naruto! Stay back! What are you-?!" 

~Naruto's P.O.V.~

"I'm the only persons she will ever need!" Sasuke shouts as he activates his chidori. That look in his eyes... I can't let him get to Akina. This isn't what she wants. I won't let her be trapped in the darkness! 

I had one of my clones hold Kakashi-Sensei back as I run toward Sasuke with my rasengan, and we both clash. Sasuke...

"Sasuke... You care about Akina as just as much as I do. You remember, don't you? How she protected us both. Yet, we didn't know that she was actually a demon disguised a human. We had no idea what the village was doing to her up until now. But, surely you know. I hated the village, too, at one point. Same as you and Akina... I also gave into despair. But, you, Iruka, and Akina saved me." 

"If you don't feel like you belong anywhere, find a place where you feel like you belong to. And if you can't, make one!" 

I remember what Akina told me when we first met. "We were always alone. You, Akina, and I. Knowing that, I felt reassured that I wasn't the only one. Looking back, I had to live with the 9 tails while you lived with the fate of the Uchiha, and Akina had to live with being treated like a monster... It's ironic how we are similar burdens. I was jealous of you because you were good at everything and I was so jealous of Akina because she had this compassion she always had with her. So, I made you my rival and from there on, my goal was the two of you."