Chapt. 43: On Our Own, Assembling Teams

At dusk, I had returned to the spot where Ritsu and I had taken rest. My face, hands, and sword were covered in blood. When I returned, Ritsu had his back towards me as he said, "You're back. It's finally over." He turns to me to face me and says, "He's dead. Sasuke killed Orochimaru." 

"...I see." Was all I could say. Orochimaru is now gone and now Sasuke is probably on the loose, probably out looking for Itachi. So, what happens now? "Where do we go from here?" 

"Doesn't matter. We're Missing Ninja and Rouges. It's just you and I." He walks pass me with his hands shoved in his pockets. "Let's get going." I nod my head and turn around, and follow Ritsu. 

~Sasuke's P.O.V.~

After defeating, and absorbing Orochimaru, I went to look for Akina. She wasn't lying on the ground where I had thrown her after stabbing her through her stomach. 

Akina is nowhere to be found in the hideout, and she's not in her room. Ritsu isn't here either. Did he take her somewhere? Where could they have gone? I need her. 

I freed Suigetsu out of his prison, from his tank, and the two of us went looking for the Executioner's Blade from Zabuza Momochi. "So, tell me. Who exactly are you looking for? You got that look in your eye." Suigetsu smirks at me. "I know it's a somebody. So, why don't you just tell me." 

"It's Akina." I told him, and his eyes widen. 

"You mean that girl with the long purple hair and constantly glowing eyes? Not to mention, the black horns sticking out of her head. You're looking for her? Why, out of all people, her? If anything, she should still be at the hideout. After all, she was Orochimaru's right hand man, besides Kabuto." 

"She wasn't in the hideout. She left, along with Ritsu. He probably took her with him. I need Akina to help me track down Itachi. And also for other reasons that you don't have to worry about." 

"Well, when you put it like that, I gotta worry about it. Sounds like you have the hots for this girl. But, if I recall, she hates your guts." Suigetsu chuckles, followed by a smirk. 

"Do you want to look for the Executioner's Blade or do you want to keep talking about Akina? You said it yourself, if you get your hands on the blade, then you agree to join my team that I'm trying to assemble." 

"That's right, that's right." 

"Then let's go." 

Akina shouldn't have gone too far. I'll find her. She won't get far from me. 

~Akina's P.O.V.~ 

"It's likely that Sasuke will be forming a team of his own in order to look for Itachi. My guess is that he have Suigetsu, Karin, and Jugo on his team. But, no doubt about it that he'll be coming for you, too. He fancies you. Our best option is to keep moving." Ritsu tells me Sasuke's intentions. 

It's only been 3 days since we've left the hideout. I don't know where we're going, but does it really matter? Should I really care?