Invisibility Cloak

Harry POV

It's close to Christmas, and me and Ron are in the great hall playing wizard's chess.

"Knight to E5."

"Queen to E5." His queen bashes my Knight with her chair.

"That's totally barbaric." Y/N chuckles.

"Looks fun to me."

"That's wizard's chess. I've see you've packed."

"I see you haven't."

"Change of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania, to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there."

"Oh that sounds cool, must be nice." He nods.

"Good, you can help Harry then. He's gonna go look in the library, for information on Nicholas Flamel."

"I'll be searching the books we have at home, I remember reading his name in one."

"We've looked a hundred times." Hermione leans in.

"Not in the restricted section. Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas, see ya guys." We nod as they leave.

"I think we've had a bad influence on her." I nod. "Harry wake up. Come on Harry, wake up." I sit up and put on my glasses, I run out of the room and look down in the common room to Ron. "Happy Christmas, Harry."

"Happy Christmas, Ron." I narrow my eyes in confusion. "What are you wearing."

"Oh, my mum made it." He turns, then looks back. "Looks like you got one too." My eyes widen.

"I-I've got presents?" He nods.

"Yeah." I smile running down. "There they are." I grab a gift with a note on it, I open the note.

"Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it well." I look over at Ron and he shrugs, I sit the note aside and open the gift, standing up.

"What is it?"

"Some kind of cloak."

"Well let's see then, put it on." I put it on. "Whoa!" I look down and my body disappeared.

"My body's gone."

"I know what that is, that's an invisibility cloak."

"I'm invisible?" I turn around.

"They're really rare." He picks up the note. "I wonder who gave it to you?"

"There was no name. It just said, use it well." That night I used the invisibility cloak to go into the library, I walked holding a lantern out, I got to the restricted side and opened it. "Famous Fire-Eaters, Fifteenth-Century Fiends. Flamel. Nicholas Flamel. Where are you?" I took the cloak off and sat the lantern down, I grabbed a random book and opened it, a face appeared screaming, I closed it putting it away.

"Who's there?" I turn nervous, I grab the cloak making the lantern smash and ran. "I know you're in there. You can't hide." I put the cloak on as Filch shows up. "Who is it? Show yourself." He walks past me, and I leave out the library, I look down seeing Ms. Norris, I walk away and she follows me. I turn a corner to see Snape and Quirrell.

"Severus, I-I."

"You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell."

"I-I don't know w-what you mean." I go around them.

"You know perfectly well what I mean." Snape turns to me and I cover my mouth backing away from them, he reaches out but misses, he turns quickly around. "We'll have another little chat soon. When you've had time to decide where your loyalties lie." Filch comes down the corridor.