Professor Umbridge

Y/N POV

Professor Umbridge points her wand at some books behind her and they float putting one in front of each person.

"Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know from now on you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic." Mione raises her hand as I give a look of confusion to the book. "Yes?"

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?"

"Using spells?" She laughs walking over. "Well I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom?" I furrow my brow.

"What if we're attacked?" She chuckles.

"Dear why on earth would you be attacked?" I glare at her. "Unless you asked for it." I growl, Mione grabs my hand.

"We're not gonna use magic?"

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way."

"What use is that? If we're attacked it won't be risk-free." She walks away.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class." She turns with a smile. "It is the view of the Ministry, that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations, which after all is what school is all about."

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?"

"There is nothing out there dear. Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?"

"Oh I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort." I smirk.

"And his army that he's growing this very minute." She looks at me and Harry and smiles.

"Now let me make this quite plain. You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This, is, a, lie." I get upset.

"It's not a lie. I saw him. I fought him."

"Detention Mr. Potter."

"You and the Ministry just don't want to face the truth."

"Detention as well Mr. Granger." I glare at her.

"So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord?"

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident."

"What accident?"

"It was murder. Voldemort killed him. You must know that."

"Enough! Enough. See me later Mr. Potter. My office. You too Mr. Granger." She giggles and I frown. After class I groaned having to go to her for detention, Harry chuckled.

"Maybe if you left the arguing with me you wouldn't have to go." I scoff.

"You know that was not going to happen. Her calling you a lier, ugh just wanted to punch her." He laughed kissing my cheek.

"More than Malfoy?"

"I hate to admit but yes." We walk up the stairs to her office and knock.

"Come in." I rolled my eyes and we walked in, we looked at the decor and I almost wanted to throw up. "Good evening Mr. Potter, Mr. Granger." She smiled. "Sit." He closed the door and we sat down. "You're both going to be doing some lines for me today Mr. Potter, Mr. Granger." We go to grab our quills and she stops us. "No not with your quill. Going to be using a rather special one of mine." She takes two quills and place them next to us, we grab them, and she stands behind us. "Now, I want you both to write I must not tell lies." I roll my eyes.