Slughorn

Harry POV

I'm in an underground cafe reading the Prophet when I saw something outside, I got up and went to the window, I wiped and a train went by. I could see a person appear and it was Dumbledore, I left and went to the other side towards him, he was looking at a sign.

"You've been reckless this summer Harry."

"I like riding around on trains. Takes my mind off things." I look at him then his hand as it looked to be dying.

"Rather unpleasant to behold isn't it? The tale is thrilling if I say so myself. But now is not the time to tell it. Take my arm." He lifts his arm to me, I take it and we go to another location, I feel sick from it.

"I just Apparated, didn't I?"

"Indeed. Quite successfully too, I might add. Most people vomit the first time."

"I can't imagine why." He turns walking away, I run up and follow him.

"Welcome to the charming village of Budleigh Babberton. Harry I assume right about now you must be wondering why I brought you here. Am I right?" We walk up to a house.

"Actually sir after all these years, I just sort of go with it."

"Wands out Harry." We get our wands out and walk in the house, our wands lighting the way, the house is a mess. "Horace? Horace?" We walk further in and I look at the newspaper and see drops of blood fall on it, I slowly look up to see a hole in the ceiling with blood. A drop falls on my forehead, I go to wipe it but Dumbledore stops me and wipes it himself then tastes it, I raise a brow and he looks to the side. He walks towards a chair, and pokes it and a head pops up.

"Merlin's beard!" He stands up and the chair turns back to his clothes. "No need to disfigure me Albus."

"Well I must say you make a very convincing armchair Horace."

"It's all in the upholstery. I come by the stuffing naturally. What gave me away?"

"Dragon's blood."

"Oh."

"Oh yes introductions. Harry I'd like you to meet an old friend and colleague of mine, Horace Slughorn. Horace, well you know who this is."

"Harry Potter." He chuckles and walks to a door locking it.

"So what's with all the theatrics Horace? You weren't by any chance waiting for someone else were you?" He walks back to Dumbledore.

"Someone else? I'm sure I don't know what you mean. Alright the Death Eaters have been trying to recruit me for over a year. Do you know what that's like? You can only say no so many times, so I never stay anywhere more than a week. Muggles who own this place are in the Canary Islands."

"Well I think we should put it back in order for them, don't you. Mind." He swishes his wand and everything fixes back, I hear squeaking and look to see a piece under my foot, I raise it and it goes to the chandelier, I turn to them smiling. "That was fun. Do you mind if I use the loo?"

"No, of course." He walks away. "Don't think I don't know why you're here Albus. The answers still no. Absolutely and unequivocally no." I put my wand away, and he smiles at me. "You're very like your father. Except for the eyes of course. You have your-."

"My mother's eyes. Yeah."

"Lily. Lovely Lily. She was exceedingly bright, your mother. Even more impressive when one considers she was Muggle-born."

"Two of my best friends is Muggle-born. They're the best in our year. And one is my boyfriend."

"Oh please don't think I'm prejudiced. No, no, no. Your mother was one of my absolute favorites. Look, there she is. Right at the front." He points to a photo, I walk towards it. "All mine. Each and every one. Ex-students I mean. You recognize Barnabas Cuffe, editor of The Daily Prophet. Always takes my owl should I wish to register my opinion on the news of the day. Gwenog Jones, captain of the Holyhead Harpies. Free tickets whenever I want them. Of course I haven't been to a match in some time." I pick up a picture. "Ah yes. Regulus Black. You no doubt know of his older brother Sirius. Died a few weeks ago. I taught the whole Black family except Sirius. It's a shame. Talented boy. I got Regulus when he came along, of course but I'd have liked the set."