Basilisk

Harry POV

Y/N layed next to Ginny paralyzed, I was glad he wasn't hurt or worse killed, I looked at Tom to see him have my wand.

"Give me my wand Tom." I lift my hand to him.

"You won't be needing it."

"Listen we've got to go. We've got to save her."

"I'm afraid I can't do that Harry, you see as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger. Yes Harry, it was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets."

"No, she couldn't, she wouldn't."

"It was Ginny who set the basilisk on the Mudbloods and Filch's cat, Ginny who wrote the threatening messages on the walls."

"Why?"

"Because I told her to. You'll find I can be very persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing, she was shall we say, in a kind of trance. Still the power of the diary began to scare her, and she tried to dispose of it in the girl's bathroom. And then who should find it but you, the very person I was most anxious to meet." I walked up to him.

"But why did you want to meet me?"

"I knew I had to talk to you, meet you if I could. So I decided to show you my capture of that brainless oaf Hagrid to gain your trust." I got upset.

"Hagrid's my friend. And you framed him didn't you?"

"It was my word against Hagrid's. Only Dumbledore seemed to think he was innocent." I smirked.

"I'll bet Dumbledore saw right through you."

"He certainly kept an annoyingly close watch on me after that. I knew it wouldn't be safe to open the chamber again while I was still at school so I decided to leave behind a diary preserving my 16 year old self in it's pages. So that one day I would be able to lead another to finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work."

"Well you haven't finished it this time. In a few hours the Mandrake draught will be ready, and everyone who was Petrified will be alright again." He shook his head.

"Haven't I told you, killing Mudbloods doesn't matter to me anymore. For many months now, my new target, has been you. How is it that a baby with no extraordinary magical talent was able to defeat the greatest wizard of all time? How did you escape with nothing but a scar, while Lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed?"

"Why do you care how I escaped? Voldemort was after your time."

"Voldemort is my past, present, and future." He turns writing his name in fire then rearrange the letters. TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE - I AM LORD VOLDEMORT.

"You, you're the heir of Slytherin. You're Voldemort."

"Surely, you didn't think I was going to keep my filthy muggle father's name. No I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world."

"Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world."

"Dumbledore's been driven out of this castle by the mere memory of me."

"He'll never be gone, not as long as those who remain are loyal to him." A screech is heard, we turn to see a bird fly in. "Fawkes?" He drops something in my hands and flies away, I see he gave me a hat.

"So this is what Dumbledore sends his great defender, a songbird and an old hat. Shearhas-Samnathas- Sélithaeine. Let's match the power of Lord Voldemort, heir of Salazar Slytherin against the famous Harry Potter." My eyes widen as I hear a growl from the mouth of the statue as it opens. I run as the basilisk comes out, throwing the hat on the ground. "Sethae-He-This. Parseltongue won't save you now, Potter. It only obeys me." It roars chasing after me, I run til I trip dropping my glasses, I grab them putting them back on, I cower as it hovers above me. A screech makes me look up, Fawkes flies attacking the basilisk. "No! Your bird may have blinded the basilisk, but it can still hear you."