Dementor

Harry POV

I'm sitting in my room at the Dursleys under my blanket looking at a spell book.

"Lumos Maxima. Lumos Maxima." I hear the toliet flush and quickly pretend I'm asleep as my door opens, knowing Uncle Vernon came in, he turned on the light then turned it off and closed my door. After he left I sat up going back to the book. "Lumos Maxima. Lumos Maxima. Lumos MAXIMA." The light shines brightly, I quickly pretend to sleep again as the door slams open and the light turns on, the light goes off and he leaves closing the door, I smile. In the morning the doorbell rings.

"Harry. Harry. Harry, open the door." Aunt Petunia yells, I go to the door and answer it as I'm handed an umbrella and Aunt Marge and her bulldog come in, she goes to the kitchen. "Marge, how lovely to see-." Aunt Petunia screams, as I hear growling. I take out a piece of paper and look to my Uncle.

"Uncle Vernon, I need you to sign this form."

"What is it?" He takes his jacket off and puts it down.

"Nothing. School stuff."

"Later perhaps, if you behave." He walks away.

"I will if she does." I walk behind him.

"Oh, you're still here, are you?"

"Yes."

"Don't say yes in that ungrateful way. Damn good of my brother to keep you. He'd have been straight to an orphanage if he'd been dumped on my doorstep, Vernon. Is that my Dudders? Is that my little neffy-pooh? Give us a kiss. Come on, up, up."

"Take Marge's suitcase upstairs." I nod.

"Okay." I take her stuff upstairs. I'm in the kitchen helping clean up after dinner.

"Can I tempt you, Marge?"

"Just a small one. Excellent nosh, Petunia." She snaps her fingers and point to the plate she put on the floor for the dog, I pick it up. "A bit more. Usually just a fry-up for me, what with 12 dogs. Just a bit more. That's a boy." I take the dishes to the sick and start cleaning. "You wanna try a little drop of brandy? A little drop of brandy-brandy windy-wandy for Rippy-pippy-pooh? What are you smirking at?" I shrug putting the food away. "Where did you send the boy, Vernon?"

"St. Brutus'. It's a fine institution for hopeless cases."

"Do they use a cane at St. Brutus', boy?" I look confused, then Uncle Vernon makes a face, and I smile.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, I've been beaten loads of times." I nod.

"Excellent. I won't have this namby-pamby wishy-washy nonsense about not beating people who deserve it." I turn smiling, and quietly chuckling. "You mustn't blame yourself about how this one turned out, Vernon. It all has to do with blood." I frown. "Bad blood will out. What is it the boy's father did, Petunia?"

"Nothing. He didn't work. He was unemployed."

"And a drunk too, no doubt?" I get angry.

"That's a lie."

"What did you say?" I turned.

"My dad wasn't a drunk." Her glass breaks making them all jump, she laughs.

"Don't worry. Don't fuss, Petunia. I have a very firm grip."

"I think it's time you went to bed."

"Quiet Vernon. You, clean it up." She snaps, I grab a towel. "Actually, it's nothing to do with the father." I go to the table and clean it. "It's all to do with the mother. You see it all the time with dogs. If something's wrong with the bitch, then something's wrong with the pup." I throw down the towel.