Buckbeak

Harry POV

We rode to Hogwarts in carriages, as we all sat around the choir sung a song, when they finished Dumbledore stood up and made his speech.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, good luck Professor." He motions to him and we clap for him.

"Of course. That's why he knew to give you the chocolate Harry."

"Potter. Potter!" Me and Ron turned to Malfoy. "Is it true you fainted?" One of his friends pretended to faint. "I mean you actually fainted?"

"Shove off Malfoy." Ron turned me around.

"Just forget it."

"Yeah, he isn't worth the time." We went back to listening to Dumbledore.

"Our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other then our own Rubeus Hagrid." We clap and cheer as he stood. "Finally, on a more disquieting note at the request of the Ministry of Magic. Hogwarts will until further notice play host to the dementors of Azkaban, until such a time as Sirius Black is captured." We look confused at each other. "The dementors will be stationed at every entrance on the grounds. Now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day to day activities, a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures, they will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore I must warn each and every one of you, to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one remembers to turn on the light." After the feast we go to our dormitories, we walk up to the door.

"Here listen, she just won't let me in."

"Fortuna Major." She holds up her hand.

"No, no, no, wait, wait. Watch this." She screams making us cover our ears til she breaks the glass. "Oh, Amazing. Just with my voice." She giggles.

"Fortuna Major." She stops.

"Yes alright. Go in."

"Thank you." We walk in. "She's still doing that after three years. She can't even sing."

"Exactly." Me, Ron, Y/N, Dean, Seamus, and Neville were in our dorm eating candy that made us sound like animals, Seamus grabbed one.

"Oh, green that's a monkey." Seamus started sounding like a monkey we all laughed.

"What is that?"

"You call that a monkey?" Ron throws Neville one.

"Hey Neville, try an elephant." He ate it and he made elephant noises we laughed.

"Hey Ron catch." He ate it, then started roaring like a lion, we cheered, I ate a random one.

"Oh don't try one of them." Steam came out my ears and they laughed.

"Oh look at his face." We had a fun night. In the morning we went to class.

"Welcome my children. In this room you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room you shall discover if you possess the sight." She runs into her table making some of us chuckle. "I am Professor Trelawney, together we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term we shall be focusing on Tasseomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves, so please take the cup of the person sitting opposite you." Me and Ron take each other's cup. "You see, the truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book waiting to be read. But first you must broaden your minds, first you must look beyond!" We look where she pointed.