Part 3

Part -3

The surgery was scheduled two days later.. Juhi's stress level was at its all time peak.. There was no scope for error , she knew..
The surgery went on for five hours.. Satisfied that the job was done well, she only prayed for no memory loss and loss of vision..

She never left Shashank's side after he was shifted from the recovery room to the ward.. she was in a pensive mood waiting for the anaesthesia to wear off.. She kept walking up around the room saying a thousand silent prayers..
As the anaesthetic effect wore off, Shashank slowly opened his eyes.. Juhi noticed this and rushed towards his bed side.. she held his hands in hers .. Her heart thumping out loud.. He looked up at her with a faint smile and called out ' Juhi'
Her world stood still.. Her happiness knew no bounds when she knew he recognised her .. she thanked god he was fine.. she told him the surgery went well and he needs to take good rest..

As days went by , Juhi strictly supervised his recovery.. Dr Shashank was recovering well.. A week later he was scheduled to be discharged.. That morning when Juhi was having a routine conversation with Shashank, he called out to her in between her conversation and said " Juhi, I have something important to talk about.. He continued.. " I want to resign from the post of Chief of Surgery, but I will continue to be the CEO.. She was glad to hear that, since she knew he should avoid stress as much as possible hereafter.. He added " Juhi, I want you to accept the post of chief of surgery ".. Juhi was shocked.. Composing herself she said, Sir, I have come here only for your treatment.. now that is done , I will have to get back..
Shashank sighed.. he further added "Sanjivani needs you, Juhi.. and so do I ... please think about it.. "
Juhi was left confused .. she failed to understand what he meant..
Shashank sensed her confusion hence he told her" Juhi, I'm not forcing you.. it's your decision ultimately.. According to me, you are the only one who rightfully deserves this post after me.. You know what Sanjivani means to me.. I don't want it getting into wrong hands..."
She nodded her head and told him " sir I will think about it and let you know.. You please don't stress yourself.. " Shashank smiled...
Later that day, Shashank was discharged.. He was advised by Juhi to take rest at home and not resume duty immediately.. She had to get back to Mumbai since she was away for more than a week..

Back home everything was the same.. Not a single soul missed her absence.. Not even her husband.. They hardly remembered that she was away for a week.. Loneliness slowly engulfed her.. She felt good at Sanjivani.. Sanjivani was like a family to her..
She kept debating in her mind as to whether she should accept Dr Shashank's offer or not.. That would require her to travel to Pune every day plus overnight stays whenever needed... But she felt it was worth traveling because it gave her immense mental satisfaction and some kind of unknown happiness there..
After a lot of debating in her mind she decided that she would accept the post .. so she decided to submit her resignation the very next day at the hospital where she is presently working in Mumbai .. and she did so the next day..
That evening she called Dr Shashank to enquire about his progress.. and then she spilled the beans about accepting the post.. Shashank's happiness knew no bounds.. He was very much elated and relieved hearing this from Juhi..
She told him that she would be visiting Pune after three days and take over charge..

** Part 4 will be posted tonight
Lots of love 😊