Part 12

Juhi packed her clothes in a suitcase and walked out of the house .. She had no clue where to go and what to do.. The time in her watch showed 8pm.. The only thought which came to her mind now was Sanjivani and Dr. Shashank.. She called for cab service as she kept walking and booked a cab to Pune ..The cab arrived in 10 minutes time. She boarded the cab and instructed the driver about her destination..

As the cab sped through the outskirts she sighed and rested her head back with tears streaming down her face continuously.. Was she so worthless to be treated like this.. why is she so unlucky in love.. with such thoughts running in her mind she continued to cry silently.. After a while she realised she needed to inform Dr. Shashank regarding her unexpected arrival and that she would be using one of the executive lounge for her stay at Sanjivani that night... She dialled Dr. Shashank's number.. At the third ring he answered the call., His hello made her heart skip a beat.. She replied a hello feebly.. Shashank immediately sensed something was wrong.. He asked her " Juhi, are you alright ..

Juhi couldn't hold back her emotions anymore she started crying copiously.. He was shocked., He asked her to calm down and tell him what happened to her.. He said "tell me what happened and where you are..
Juhi finally spoke up " I m on my way to Pune, to Sanjivani.. I would be staying back there for few days.. so can I use the executive lounge for my stay tonight, Sir..
He was stunned to hear this and realised something grave must have happened way back home for her to make such a decision.. He told her " That's absolutely fine, Juhi.. but why don't you come up and stay at my home.. you could use the guest room plus you will feel at home"
Juhi outright refused and said " thank you so much for offering me to stay at home, but I prefer staying back at Sanjivani tonight.. will check in to a hotel tomorrow ".. There was a long silence.. Shashank felt helpless but he knew there is no way he could force her.. so he agreed with a heavy heart and told her to call him if she needs anything at all..Juhi thanked him and hung the phone..

After about half an hour her phone rang .. the caller Id showed 'Dr Shashank'.. She answered the call hesitantly..He asked her where she had reached so he could calculate what time she will be reaching Pune.. After a pause he told her " Juhi, the state you are in right now, will you be able to walk inside Sanjivani like this and face all the doctors and nurses., You will be giving them a lot to talk about..not that you care about but is it really necessary to be a topic for their gossip??  She sighed hearing this.. He definitely made sense, she thought..
He added "Please think over and let me know , I ll wait for your call " .. saying this he disconnected the call
Juhi was left confused.. she didn't realise the consequences until Shashank told her.. She knew she would never walk into Sanjivani with swollen puffy red eyes..
After debating for few minutes she called up Shashank .. " Sir, can I stay at your place for tonight..
Shashank was relieved to hear that.. he told her he would wait for her..

He sat in his study with a glass of scotch in his hand.. he definitely needed it .. All he wants to do is protect her and keep her safe and happy.. He wanted to make things better for her and ease her pain..

 He wanted to make things better for her and ease her pain

At about 1130pm he heard a car arrive .. and a knock on his door a little later. He opened the door.. The sight in front of him tore his heart into pieces.. 'His' Juhi standing in front of him all pale with swollen, red puffy eyes.. All he wanted to do was to hug her tight  and tell her everything would be ok.. he would set everything right for her.... But he held back his emotions and greeted her with a smile and asked her to come in.. He helped her with her bag.. She walked in and seated on the couch.. He brought a glass of water from the kitchen and offered it to her.. He told her that Anjali was on Europe tour for 10 days.. and she could feel free here .. He decided not to ask her what tore her apart like this, at the moment.. He told her to go to the guest bedroom,freshen up and come down for dinner..
Juhi told him she wasn't hungry.. So he told her with a straight face that he hasn't eaten his dinner yet since he was waiting for her.. if she isn't eating then he too isn't eating..
She knew she couldn't escape and moreover she didn't want Shashank to starve because of her.. so she mumbled a "ok" and walked into the guest bedroom..
Shashank realised he needed another drink to cool him off this emotional roller coaster .. He gulped the drink at one go.. It was going to be a long night, he thought ....

Have a lovely Sunday
Lots of love 😊