Part 16

An hour later Shashank walked down dressed in a two piece suit with the jacket on his arm.. He walked to the table and started setting the breakfast for both of them.. Juhi walked down wearing a baby pink salwar suit.. She looked ethereal but that twinkle in her eye was missing..
He pulled a chair for her and she joined him for breakfast.. He served her and served for himself..
Juhi broke the silence saying " Sir, I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable last night.. I'm sorry you had to deal with my tantrums. I'm sorry for all the unnecessary stress I have caused you because of my own problems.. " She avoided making any eye contact with him and kept looking into her plate..
" You don't need to be sorry about anything at all , Juhi.. I will always be there for you when you need me.. There is no sorry and thank you in our relationship, ok" he assured her..
Juhi further added, " One thing I am not sorry for is what I asked you for last night".. and looked straight into his eyes.. Shashank remained calm and smiled..

He took her left hand which was resting on the table into his hand, held it tightly and said

He took her left hand which was resting on the table into his hand, held it tightly and said.. " Juhi, you are any man's dream come true.. I have always loved you, I still do and will continue to do so till my last breath.. but I will not and cannot promise you a relationship.. Juhi, our relationship has no name, you are already married to someone else.. I could have given into your demand last night ... after all I am a man.. I have my own desires, needs, fantasies.. but down the line after few days or years maybe,  I don't want you regretting anything that you did in the heat of the moment.. I don't want to bind you in this relationship which has no future.. You weren't in your senses last night , Juhi.... it was your vulnerability that awakened the desire last night and not anything else.. everyone has their weak moments and so did you.. Just get over and forget what happened last night, Juhi.."

An unknown rejection and hurt overcame Juhi.. She immediately retorted saying " I knew and I very well know what I want , Dr Shashank.. Don't I deserve to be loved?? Doesn't my feelings matter to anyone??
"I didn't mean that,Juhi.. he said but she cut him in between and continued.. "It's just that you, not just you but no one wants to understand my feelings or no one cares about my feelings.... what makes you think it's was my vulnerability and not any other feelings that awakened my desires last night, Dr Shashank??? Can't you see me as a woman for once and not as your pupil...??? And what makes you think we have no future???  Are you the one who is going to decide what is right and what is wrong??
He was taken aback by her sudden outbursts..
She further continued.. " You know what, I wanted to confess my feelings for you the day I was leaving for Mumbai.. But we missed meeting each other and I didn't want to confess to you over the phone.. Yes, Dr. Shashank , I'm in love with you and I really really do.. "
There was deafening silence followed by her confession.. Shashank could hear his heart beat in his ear.. He was stunned beyond words..
Juhi continued " But you know what Dr Shashank , you can only see my vulnerable state, you can't see my love and you don't want to understand my love for you..
I guess this conversation is over... " she said "You will never understand a thing.. saying this she pulled her hand out from his hand.
She told him its getting late for work, she will get her purse from the room and walked away.... leaving behind a stunned Shashank
Is that how much she understood him???
As much as he wanted her to confess his feelings for him, he was now left with an unknown grief over her sudden confession..
He felt sad when actually he should have been  the happiest man alive .. He sat at the table with his hands covering his face waiting for Juhi to come down...

Please do leave a feedback
Next update will be posted tomorrow morning
Lots of love 😊