Part 4

Three days passed, Juhi was back in Pune..
Shashank was also resuming duty that day.. She took over charge as chief of surgery.. That called for a celebration she thought, so Juhi planned a dinner outing with Shashank and Anjali that night..

All the three met up at a restaurant

All the three met up at a restaurant.. They started off with wine and champagne and starters.. Shashank refused to drink, so ordered a lemonade for himself..
As the conversation kept going, Anjali got high and gulped down the entire champagne bottle.. Shashank's efforts in stopping her went in vain.. Anjali was totally drunk and started blabbering.. Juhi told Shashank that they need to finish the dinner quickly and get Anjali back home soon.. As they were eating, Anjali kept blabbering and suddenly looked at her dad and said " Dad why don't you confess your feelings for Dr Juhi... Both Shashank and Juhi were shocked.. Shashank tried to calm her down saying " Anjali what are you talking about.. You are not in your senses.. Please keep quiet..." But Anjali was in another world.. She refused to listen to him and spoke out to Juhi... " You know Dr Juhi, My dad has been in love with you ever since you joined as a resident at Sanjivani years back.. He still does but has never confessed his love for you.."

Juhi was stunned

Juhi was stunned... Shashank immediately raised his voice and said " Anjali, stop talking non sense .. You don't know what you are saying... I think we should leave.. " saying that Shashank got up from his chair and helped Anjali to stand on her feet who was still blabbering asking her dad to confess..
He refused to make an eye contact with Juhi..
He said " We've got to go, Excuse us please.." saying this he held Anjali and both of them walked to the car..
Juhi sat there stunned , shocked by the confession.. She returned back to her room and broke down crying.. She couldn't figure out what to feel .. 'Her' Dr Shashank was in love with her?? should she cry or be happy ???? She decided she will confront him and clear the mess the next morning ..
On the other side Shashank helped Anjali get into bed.. After tucking her into the bed, he walked to his room.. He felt helpless.. So many years the truth was hidden and now that it is out, he didn't know how to face Juhi.. Will she have the same respect after this revelation?? He didn't want to loose her friendship at any cost.. Actually he didn't want to loose her at all ...

** Part 5 will be posted tomorrow morning
Lots of love 😊