Part 44

Juhi lazily opened her eyes stretching her arms out.. Waking up from a peaceful deep slumber, it made her forget where she was... slowly it dawned on her that she was in Shashank's room and she was supposed to keep a watch over him at night.. Rising up with a jolt she looked towards his bed and saw him fast asleep .. that soft snore made her smile unknowingly..
A bit relieved that he was asleep she regretted falling asleep.. Running her fingers through her hair, she slipped her feet into her slippers and walked slowly towards Shashank..
She checked the parameters on the monitor and was satisfied that he was doing well.. He looked so peaceful while asleep..She thanked god that he wasn't in pain.. Placing her hand gently over his hand she gave a gentle squeeze and walked out of the room..

Sitting in her cabin after freshening up, she was lost in deep thoughts.. She was anxious about Shashank's biopsy report which was expected in another two days time.. She hoped and prayed the report would come as negative for malignancy .. He didn't deserve to suffer more .. she sighed..
Also one main agenda on Juhi's mind was to schedule an appointment with the gynaecologist at Sanjivani.. It was high time she stopped stressing and started thinking about a tiny soul growing within her.. she thought

Anjali who came back fresh and energetic after resting well at home the previous night walked into Shashank's room.. Greeting her dad good morning she pecked his forehead which actually startled Shashank but at the same time he didn't feel awkward ...
He was getting used to his daughter's love and affection...
Opening the blinds of the window , she said
"Dad, you need to have a shave.. It is not nice seeing you with stubble although you still look devilishy handsome I must say..." she winked
Shashank blushed hearing Anjali..
Picking up the electric shaver from the kit she brought from home, Anjali placed a towel around his neck over the chest.. Shashank stretched out his hand and asked her to hand over the shaver to him.. Switching it on he brought his hand to his face and felt his hand trembling... He tried moving his hand to the other side of his face and it continued to trembled again...
Noticing the perplexed expression on his face , Anjali said " Dad let me do it for you.."
Without a word he handed it back to her..
Anjali sat on the bed beside him and began her task from the right side of his face.. His eyes remained shut ..

Five minutes later once she finished her task, she handed him a mirror.. It was the first time Shashank was seeing himself after he regained his consciousness..
" See dad how handsome you look now.. " Anjali said
He finally saw himself.. in front of him was a man, who looked like a charmer, clean shaven,
Plaster around his head, those eyes held a lot of memories but the mind didn't ...the dark circles evident around them... letting out a deep sigh he placed down the mirror on his lap.
" Anjali .." he said
Tell me about us, about you, about me .. our home..." his voice trailed
Anjali had a broad smile on her face... she was going to fall in love with her dad even more in this journey.. she chuckled
" Dad it's just you and me ... at home..
Mom passed away years back.. " she said placing her hand over..
" okay....." he sighed
" Also dad, you must know that you own this hospital , Sanjivani... You are the CEO...." she said
" Ohhhh... " he exclaimed
That was news to him
"When are we going back home, Anjali " he asked
" That, only your doctor can decide, dad.." Anjali said

There was a knock on the door and Juhi walked in and stood at the foot of his bed..
"Good morning Dr Shashank.." she said
" Good morning Doctor..." he replied
" How are you feeling this morning.." she asked him
Ignoring her question he asked
"Doctor, when can I go back home.. I'm tired of lying in bed all the time..."
Acknowledging him with a brief smile , Juhi replied " In another two days, Dr Shashank... We can't risk any kind of infections at the moment ..."
Shashank sighed..
" But you can move around in this room .. you can also get some fresh air from the balcony.."
She said ..