Part 28

Shashank felt someone pull the air out of his lungs the moment Juhi walked out of his cabin.. There was deafening silence.. Unable to compose himself he fell back on his chair .. His breathing was abnormal and his body partially shaking .. he felt helpless.. he felt totally and completely powerless.. he saw darkness engulfing his world that even his shadow had left him alone..
Unaware of himself tears streamed down his face.. He sat there like a lifeless man for hours until the housekeeping staff came in to clean his cabin at 8 in the evening...

Meanwhile Juhi was heartbroken when Shashank let her go

Meanwhile Juhi was heartbroken when Shashank let her go... That Goodbye was most painful.. She walked out of his cabin and the hospital with tears streaming down her face... All she wanted to do was run back to him and hug him tight.. Both needed it..
Seated in the car she gave Rahul the directions to Shashank's house.. On reaching, Rahul waited in the car while Juhi went inside to fetch her luggage..
Her heart thudded against her chest as she walked into the room.. tears kept rolling down her cheek as she continued to pack her bag.. After she zipped up her bag she walked out.. Her feet refused to move while her heart wanted to go to his room one last time.. with a heavy heart she walked inside his room.. every single memory they made came rushing in front of her eyes.. she found his T-shirt lying on the bed.. Her hand involuntarily reached for it.. she held it close to her face and hugged it against her chest.. engulfed with sadness she fell on her knees crying inconsolably... I love you Dr Shashank.. I love you so much..

Honking of the car downstairs brought her back to senses.. she held his T-shirt one last time against her face and placed a tender kiss .. keeping it back on the bed.. She wiped her tears and walked out of his room with her luggage..
Rahul took her luggage and secured it in the boot of the car... they left for Mumbai..

On the drive back Juhi sat like a lifeless doll.. Rahul tried to ease the situation a bit by picking up a conversation but she snubbed him twice saying Please cut out the formalities.. Can we just go back to your home first and then talk...
Juhi stared blank outside the window .. how her life changed for good in a week and now the tables turned again.. She wondered what caused Rahul to change him so much or is he upto some evil plan again.. whatever was the case she needed to be careful and it was her call ultimately...

Shashank on the other hand was restless.. He let her go without saying a word but what if Rahul once again hurts her.. physically, emotionally.. he remembered how shattered she was.. Why did I allow her to go.. I should have made up some reason and made her stay back.. I should have protected her.. these thoughts hammered his head..
Being emotionally drained he decided to spend the night at the hospital..
He kept glancing at his phone hoping she would call or atleast send a text saying she is fine .. he was worried for her

On reaching home in Mumbai , Juhi walked up to her room.. she needed a hot shower first....As she stripped she noticed the love bites on her breasts and neck which were gradually fading... every thing reminded of him..
She shut her eyes tight and stood under the hot shower...Few minutes later she walked into the room dressed in comfortable clothing.. The shower had calmed her
She noticed Rahul sitting on the edge of the bed with his hands clasped nervously..
She sat opposite to him in the couch..
Juhi you must be hungry .. Why don't you eat something first he said
Rahul please cut out the crap.. I did not come back here all the way from Pune to just eat dinner.. Let's keep it straight. Tell me what is your version for this drastic change in your behaviour she said sarcastically