Part 7

It was just another day at Sanjivani.. Juhi decided to give a cold shoulder to Shashank.. Not that she hated him for confessing his feelings but because she was not sure about her feelings for him .. This confusion irritated her so much so that she was pissed off with everyone whom she came across..

Time ticked noon and Shashank had not even got a glimpse of Juhi.. He was restless.. He wanted to see her, if she is ok.. hence he thought of giving her a patient file for review .. He carried the file himself and knocked at her door and entered.. His sudden visit shocked Juhi.. She wasn't prepared to face him.. He addressed her " Juhi, this file needs to be reviewed.." and handed her the file..
Expressionless she looked at him, took the file from his hand and placed it on her table and started working back on her laptop..
Shashank stood there not knowing how to start a conversation..
She noticed his restlessness and asked " Is there anything else you need to tell me, Dr Shashank...". Shashank stammered " No"
She bluntly said " Thank you" meaning him to leave..
That hurt Shashank.. He quietly walked back to his cabin.. He understood her anger.. But he isn't at fault as well.. After all he only loves her.. and to love is not a crime ..

Juhi felt a pang of pain after Shashank left

Juhi felt a pang of pain after Shashank left.. She knew she hurt him.. but that in return was hurting her now..
It was Shashank's and Juhi's daily routine to have lunch together.. They would order food from the canteen and have lunch together either in his cabin or hers... Today, Juhi decided to have lunch alone.. She went to the cafeteria ordered her lunch and started eating.. She refused to let her mind think about Shashank..
On the other side, Shashank was hurt and upset.. He knew Juhi wouldn't join him for lunch but still he hoped against hope she would come .. He sat in his cabin hoping she would drop by.. It was half past 4 when Shashank glanced at his watch.. He got so busy in his work that he didn't realise he skipped lunch .. His head was splitting. He needed a coffee. So he decided to walk to the cafeteria ..

At the counter there was a long queue.. he waited patiently.. he didn't realise Juhi was also in the queue chatting with another doctor who had asked her to join him for coffee and she obliged.. Shashank was busy scrolling mails on his phone when he looked up , he saw Juhi standing ahead of him in the queue chatting with another doctor.. somewhere it hurt him that he is being ignored.. He chose not to react and went back scrolling through his mails..
Juhi collected her coffee and turned around to walk back to her chair, when one of her patient's daughter came running and pushed her by mistake... Trying to balance herself from falling down Juhi spilled the hot cappuccino on the person standing in the queue.. Horrified,  she looked up to see the damage done to the person , only then realising that she had spilled hot coffee on Shashank's shirt..
Shashank was furious.. about to blow his cool off until he realised it was Juhi..
He clenched his teeth to control the pain caused by the burning of his skin over his chest and abdomen.. He immediately grabbed a bottle of water kept on the counter and poured it on himself to ease the pain..
Juhi moved towards him saying " I'm so so sorry Dr Shashank.. I'm really really sorry..
She further moved forward to touch him when he raised his hand motioning her not touch him.. He looked damn serious .. Without even uttering a word he took off his blazer, held it against his chest and walked out of the cafeteria leaving behind a shocked Juhi..

**Comments and feedback please 😊