Part 39

Back at Sanjivani, Juhi was restless ever since she heard from Sis. Philo that Shashank had left in a hurry informing her that he will be back in one hour...
She was worried for him.. " God knows what this man is upto again.." she thought
She kept walking to and fro in his cabin when shashank walked in looking very excited like a kid who found his favourite candy ..
"Where were you Dr Shashank.." she questioned him in a serious tone..
" I had some important work so I left for an hour..." he replied scratching his temple
" Why couldn't you inform me.. Do you even have a clue how worried I was for you... you know it's not good for you to drive or go out alone at this moment... how can you be so careless Dr Shashank .. " her voice cracked

Realising how tensed she was he placed both his hands on her shoulder and said " Hey Juhi ...don't get so worked up.. I'm extremely sorry.. agreed I should have let you know... but see I'm back in one piece so please stop worrying... I'm sorry okay..." he said
Juhi folded her arms across her chest and refused to look at him while he kept staring at her reading her expression...
When he could no longer hold himself back he burst out laughing.. Juhi was shocked..
and looked at him questioningly..
" You are behaving like a typical wifey material .. Juhi " and continued to laugh..
Juhi turned crimson red hearing his comment... She blushed not knowing how to react..
Just then Anjali walked into his cabin to get few signatures and discuss a case file..
Juhi actually thanked her stars silently because Anjali walked in and saved her from further embarrassment...
Not missing this opportunity, Juhi excused herself and walked out leaving behind the father and daughter to finish their discussion...
Shashank kept staring at her with a smile on his face till she vanished from his sight while
Anjali had to snap in front of his eyes to get his attention back...

Juhi walked into her cabin while Shashank's words kept ringing in her ears ..
"Wife" .. she whispered
It sounded sweet.. if only life was so simple... but soon she thought about all the hurdles that lay ahead of them to cross..
Closing her eyes right, she took in a deep breath....

On the other side Shashank was excited about gifting Juhi the saree .. He just wanted to make the most of it while he was still hale and hearty... God knows what the future beholds ... he sighed
Playing with the paper weight on his table , while Anjali was discussing the case file... he cut her in between saying... " Anjali.. let's all go out for dinner tonight.."
Anjali was annoyed.."Dad here I am discussing about a patient's case history and you are planning a dinner date.. ufff dad.. I ll come back to you later .." she stood up to walk out "Accha baba I'm sorry.. Please sit.. I'm all ears now.." he apologised to her..
Giving him a stern look she sat back and continued their discussion...

It was past 8pm after Juhi and Anjali oversaw all the arrangements made for the last day of conference ...
Shashank had booked a table for three at JW Marriott..They drove there directly from Sanjivani.. Shashank was banned from driving by both the women.. Anjali took to the wheels, while shashank sat beside her and Juhi in the back seat of his Range Rover..
As expected Juhi and Anjali were in awe of an incredible ambience the place held..
From wine , to great food , to good music for the ears , to great laughter all the three shared...the world stood still and everything seemed like a perfect life that moment...

Shashank was trying to be over enthusiastic.. despite the emotional trauma that was eating him up inside.. This didn't go unnoticed by both of them sitting beside and across the table..
Not missing an opportunity to tease him,Anjali asked " Dad .. what's special .. you are over-enthusiastic since afternoon... " she winked
Smiling faintly he hummed " kya pata.. Kal ho na ho..." and winked back
Only then did Juhi and Anjali understand why he was doing all this, leaving both the women teary eyed..
Both of them yelled simultaneously...
"Dad.."
"Dr Shashank.." stop saying such things please.." she placed her hand over his which was resting on the table..
" Okay .. I'm sorry .. he folded his hands to both of them... " Bad joke.. agreed.. my sincere apologies... he said and made a puppy face.. Both of them were really upset but gave in finally to his antics.. he was very very special to both of them ... they realised
To lighten the atmosphere, Shashank was back at cracking jokes during their drive back home..